Manchester United are set to host French champions Paris Saint-Germain in the first leg of our Champions League second round tie at Old Trafford this evening.
The visitors are without Neymar, Edinson Cavani, Adrien Rabiot and Thomas Meunier due to injury as we head into the game as the favourites with Bet UK.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has won 10 of his 11 matches as caretaker manager but this is without doubt his toughest test to date.
The two team’s for this evening’s game are confirmed as:
David de Gea; Ashley Young, Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw; Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera, Paul Pogba; Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial
Substitutes: Sergio Romero, Diogo Dalot, Phil Jones, Fred, Juan Mata, Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer goes with the starting XI we predicted earlier today with Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof the centre-back partnership as part of five changes from the side that started over the weekend. Anthony Martial maintaining his place down the left.
Alexis Sanchez is among the substitutes as Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard come back into the starting XI after being rested for the weekend’s 3-0 victory at Fulham.
The boss sticks with the same centre midfield trio that played at the weekend. Much is expected of Paul Pogba against the champions of his homeland and following the great form he has been in domestically.
Gianluigi Buffon; Thilo Kehrer, Thiago Silva, Presnal Kimpembe, Juan Bernat; Marquinhos, Marco Veratti; Dani Alves, Julian Draxler, Angel Di Maria; Kylian Mbappe
Paris Saint-Germain have also gone with an identical starting XI as we predicted earlier today. Gianluigi Buffon starts his fourth Champions League match in goal whilst Marquinhos is moved into a holding midfield role alongside Marco Verratti.
With Neymar and Edinson Cavani out injured, former-Manchester United midfielder Angel Di Maria plays down the left wing and Dani Alves pushes forward down the right. Kylian Mbappe has moved into the central striker role.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations