Manchester United and Chelsea kick off this season’s FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium in under an hour’s time.
Jose Mourinho will be looking to get one over his former team and see us lift the world football’s oldest club cup competition for a joint-record 13th time.
Our two Premier League meetings against Chelsea this season were split – with the Blues winning 1-0 at Stamford Bridge back in November and us beating them 2-1 at Old Trafford in the most recent meeting, back in February.
The two teams for this afternoon’s cup final are as follows:
David de Gea; Antonio Valencia, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Ashley Young; Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera, Paul Pogba; Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford, Alexis Sanchez
Substitutes: Sergio Romero, Eric Bailly, Matteo Darmian, Scott McTominay, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial, Romelu Lukaku
Jose has gone with a 4-3-3 with Phil Jones and Chris Smalling as the centre-back partnership and Eric Bailly among the substitutes. Matteo Darmian is the backup full-back this afternoon.
Ander Herrera gets the nod ahead of Scott McTominay in central midfield as we predicted earlier this week. He starts alongside Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic.
After missing the final two Premier League games of the season with an ankle injury, Romelu Lukaku returns to the bench for today’s game and will be joined by Anthony Martial as Marcus Rashford starts up front. The youngster will be flanked by Alexis Sanchez and Jesse Lingard.
Thibaut Courtois; Cesar Azpilicueta, Gary Cahill, Antonio Rudiger; Victor Moses, N’Golo Kante, Cesc Fabregas, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Marcos Alonso; Eden Hazard; Olivier Giroud
Substitutes: Willy Caballero, Davide Zappacosta, Nathanial Chalobah, Ross Barkley, Pedro, Willian, Alvaro Morata
Olivier Giroud gets the nod up front with Alvaro Morata only named among the substitutes. The former-Arsenal striker will be supported by Eden Hazard in his free role.
Gary Cahill captains the side and partners Antonio Rudiger and Cesar Azpilicueta in a back three with no centre-back among the substitutes. Tiemoue Bakayoko supports N’Golo Kante and Cesc Fabregas in centre midfield with Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso playing their usual wingback roles in Antonio Conte’s side.
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December