Manchester United host Bournemouth in the final Premier League game of 2018 this afternoon.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be looking to make it three wins from three against a Bournemouth side that have lost seven of their previous nine in the league.
With Arsenal thrashed yesterday and Tottenham Hotspur beaten at home by Wolves we have been given an opportunity to close in on the top five.
The two teams are confirmed as:
David de Gea; Ashley Young, Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw; Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera, Paul Pogba; Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial
Substitutes: Sergio Romero, Matteo Darmian, Phil Jones, Andreas Pereira, Marouane Fellaini, Juan Mata, Romelu Lukaku
Romelu Lukaku is back among the substitutes as Marcus Rashford continues to start up front in the 4-3-3 formation that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has stuck with. Anthony Martial is back to start down the left wing with Jesse Lingard on the right and Juan Mata on the bench.
Eric Bailly is back in the starting XI, partnership Victor Lindelof as Phil Jones is among the substitutes. Ashley Young keeps his place at right-back with Luke Shaw on the left.
Asmir Begovic; Steve Cook, Nathan Ake, Charlie Daniels; Jordon Ibe, Junior Stanislas, Andrew Surman, Diego Rico; David Brooks; Callum Wilson, Josh King
Substitutes: Arthur Boruc, Jack Simpson, Tyrone Mings, Jefferson Lerma, Ryan Fraser, Lys Mousset, Jermain Defoe
The visitors to Old Trafford this afternoon appear to be going with a 3-4-1-2 formation with David Brooks playing the number 10 role behind Callum Wilson and Josh King in a pacey attack.
Charlie Daniels is playing on the left-hand side of a back three with Jordon Ibe and Diego Rico playing at wing-back. Expect our two full-backs spend a lot of tie in the Bournemouth half this afternoon. Jefferson Lerma is among the substitutes – the Colombian loves picking up yellow cards when he’s on the pitch.
- Man Utd set to appoint Chris Armas as first-team coach under Ralf Rangnick
- Tactical Analysis: Hugely encouraging signs in Ralf Rangnick’s debut against Crystal Palace
- Man Utd fans delighted with Fred’s stand-out display against Crystal Palace
- Ralf Rangnick heaps praise on Fred and Scott McTominay after Crystal Palace win
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane