Manchester United start 2018 with a trip to Goodison Park to take on Sam Allardyce’s Everton.
The Toffees have lost just once in seven games under their new manager but that came on Saturday in a 2-1 loss at Bournemouth.
We’re desperate to end this three-game drawing streak which has seen us drop below Chelsea and into third in the Premier League table.
The two teams for this evening’s game are confirmed as:
David de Gea; Victor Lindelof, Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw; Ander Herrera, Nemanja Matic; Juan Mata, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard; Anthony Martial
Substitutes: Sergio Romero, Daley Blind, Matteo Darmian, Chris Smalling, Axel Tuanzebe, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Marcus Rashford
Anthony Martial leads the line for us today as Romelu Lukaku and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are both sidelined, and Marcus Rashford is only among the substitutes.
Paul Pogba pushes forward into the number 10 role as Ander Herrera partners Nemanja Matic in front of the back four, as we correctly predicted yesterday. In-form Jesse Lingard has been pushed out to the right wing.
Such are our injuries in attack we only have two attacking players among the substitutes. Chris Smalling has recovered from his injury to take his place on the bench alongside fellow defenders Daley Blind, Matteo Darmian and Axel Tuanzebe.
Jordan Pickford; Mason Holgate, Michael Keane, Ashley Williams, Cuco Martina; Tom Davies, Morgan Schneiderlin; Nikola Vlasic, Wayne Rooney, Yannick Bolasie; Oumar Niasse
Substitutes: Joel Robles, Jonjoe Kenny, Phil Jagielka, Aaron Lennon, James McCarthy, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Former-Manchester United trio Wayne Rooney, Morgan Schneiderlin and Michael Keane all start for the hosts today.
Gylfi Sigurdsson is only named among the substitutes whilst Idrissa Gueye is absent as Everton make seven changes to their starting lineup from two days ago. Ashley Williams starts at centre-back so hopefully Anthony Martial’s pace can get at the slow defender.
Juan Mata should be looking to trouble Cuco Martina down Everton’s left side as the right-back is being played out of his natural position under Allardyce.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup