Manchester United are at Selhurst Park this evening to take on relegation contenders Crystal Palace in a game we need to win to move back into second position.
Roy Hodgson’s side start the evening inside the relegation zone and five games without a win. The Eagles haven’t scored more than once in a single game since 2 January.
The two teams for this evening’s game are confirmed as:
Wayne Hennessey; Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Martin Kelly, James Tomkins, Patrick van Aanholt; Andros Townsend, James McArthur, Luka Milivojevic, Jeffrey Schlupp; Christian Benteke, Alexander Sorloth
Substitutes: Diego Cavalieri, Damien Delaney, Jaroslaw Jach, Pape Souare, Jairo Riedeweld, Erdal Rakip, Chung-yong Lee
Roy Hodgson has named a number of defensive players on his bench – perhaps he’s dreaming of having a 1-0 lead going into the final 20 minutes before reinforcing his defence? Good luck with that.
Former-Manchester United trialist reject Jeffrey Schlupp starts on the left wing for Crystal Palace who are without their star player, Wilfried Zaha this evening.
David de Gea; Antonio Valencia, Victor Lindelof, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young; Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Paul Pogba; Jesse Lingard, Romelu Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez
Substitutes: Joel Pereira, Eric Bailly, Matteo Darmian, Luke Shaw, Michael Carrick, Juan Mata, Marcus Rashford
Ashley Young continues at left-back ahead of Luke Shaw and Victor Lindelof starts ahead of Eric Bailly in the only differences between the confirmed lineup and our predicted XI earlier today.
Jesse Lingard is indeed the right winger in a 4-3-3 formation as we predicted earlier, with Juan Mata and Marcus Rashford among the substitutes. Scott McTominay continues to start in a central three with Ander Herrera and Marouane Fellaini both out. This formation gives Paul Pogba freedom to venture forward as he did with success in our 2-1 win over Chelsea last weekend.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday