Manchester United will be looking to maintain a 100% winning record to start the 2018-19 Premier League season when we face Brighton & Hove Albion in under an hour’s time at the AMEX Stadium.
Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City have collected maximum points in their opening two games and Jose Mourinho will be keen no mistakes are made this afternoon.
We were beaten 1-0 in this fixture at the end of last season.
The two teams for today’s game are confirmed as:
David de Gea; Ashley Young, Victor Lindeof, Eric Bailly, Luke Shaw; Andreas Pereira, Fred, Paul Pogba; Juan Mata, Romelu Lukaku, Anthony Martial
Substitutes: Lee Grant, Chris Smalling, Ander Herrera, Marouane Fellaini, Scott McTominay, Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford
The back four as we predicted on Friday with Ashley Young replacing Matteo Darmian at right-back and Victor Lindelof keeping his place alongside Eric Bailly.
Fred makes his second appearance for us and will be alongside Andreas Pereira and Paul Pogba in centre midfield.
Alexis Sanchez is absent from the matchday squad today as Anthony Martial comes in down the left wing and Romelu Lukaku replaces Marcus Rashford up front, with the youngster dropping to the bench.
Brighton & Hove Albion
Matt Ryan; Martin Montoya, Lewis Dunk, Shane Duffy, Gaetan Bong; Anthony Knockaert, Dale Stephens, Davy Propper, Solly March, Christian Gross; Glenn Murray
Substitutes: Button, Bernardo, Leon Balogun, Beram Kayal, Yves Bissouma, Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Jurgen Locadia
The home side appear to be playing a 4-5-1 this afternoon with Glenn Murray the target man up front. Anthony Knockaert is a playmaker down the right wing whilst Christian Gross does the the same from a central midfield role.
Lewis Dunk scored a number of own goals last season in what is a slow centre-back partnership alongside Shane Duff that we hope Anthony Martial’s pace can cause a problem when cutting in from the right.
The Seagulls failed to have a single shot on target in their 2-0 loss at Watford last weekend and club record signing Alireza Jahanbakhsh is among the substitutes.
- Man Utd have excellent chance to sign West Ham star Declan Rice next summer
- Why Man Utd star should replace Spurs defender in Argentina starting XI
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ready for return after re-watching his 168 games in charge of Man Utd
- Chelsea attacker Christian Pulisic is destined for Man Utd move
- Liverpool join Man Utd in race to sign Cody Gakpo in January
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner