Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has named an unchanged line-up for the first leg of the Europa League round of 16 tie against Real Betis tonight.
The Red Devils suffered an embarrassing 7-0 Premier League loss at Liverpool on Sunday and it was anticipated that Ten Hag could tweak his starting XI.
However, the Dutch tactician has kept his faith on the same starting line-up from the Anfield rout.
Diogo Dalot and Luke Shaw had difficult outings from their respective full-back roles against Liverpool but they have received the vote of confidence from Ten Hag.
The same goes for Antony and Wout Weghorst in attack. The latter is likely to continue in the number 10 role with Marcus Rashford leading the line once more.
Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1): David de Gea; Diogo Dalot, Raphael Varane, Lisandro Martinez, Luke Shaw; Casemiro, Fred; Antony, Wout Weghorst, Bruno Fernandes; Marcus Rashford.
Meanwhile, Betis have made four changes from their goalless draw against Real Madrid. Juan Miranda, Aitor Ruibal, Rodri and Borja Iglesias have dropped to the bench.
The quartet have been replaced by Abner, Luiz Henrique, Juanmi and the very experienced Joaquin.
Real Betis line-up (4-2-3-1): Claudio Bravo; Youssouf Sabaly, Luiz Felipe, German Pezzella, Abner; William Carvalho, Guido Rodriguez; Luiz Henrique, Juanmi, Joaquin; Ayoze Perez.
Ten Hag has made a big statement by naming the same line-up from the Anfield humbling. The Dutchman will be expecting his players to respond with a strong performance.
On paper, United start the game as favourites. With home advantage, they have the opportunity to secure a handy first leg lead before next week’s trip to the Benito Villamarin Stadium.
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups