Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has named an unchanged line-up for the first leg of the Europa League round of 16 tie against Real Betis tonight.
The Red Devils suffered an embarrassing 7-0 Premier League loss at Liverpool on Sunday and it was anticipated that Ten Hag could tweak his starting XI.
However, the Dutch tactician has kept his faith on the same starting line-up from the Anfield rout.
Diogo Dalot and Luke Shaw had difficult outings from their respective full-back roles against Liverpool but they have received the vote of confidence from Ten Hag.
The same goes for Antony and Wout Weghorst in attack. The latter is likely to continue in the number 10 role with Marcus Rashford leading the line once more.
Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1): David de Gea; Diogo Dalot, Raphael Varane, Lisandro Martinez, Luke Shaw; Casemiro, Fred; Antony, Wout Weghorst, Bruno Fernandes; Marcus Rashford.
Meanwhile, Betis have made four changes from their goalless draw against Real Madrid. Juan Miranda, Aitor Ruibal, Rodri and Borja Iglesias have dropped to the bench.
The quartet have been replaced by Abner, Luiz Henrique, Juanmi and the very experienced Joaquin.
Real Betis line-up (4-2-3-1): Claudio Bravo; Youssouf Sabaly, Luiz Felipe, German Pezzella, Abner; William Carvalho, Guido Rodriguez; Luiz Henrique, Juanmi, Joaquin; Ayoze Perez.
Ten Hag has made a big statement by naming the same line-up from the Anfield humbling. The Dutchman will be expecting his players to respond with a strong performance.
On paper, United start the game as favourites. With home advantage, they have the opportunity to secure a handy first leg lead before next week’s trip to the Benito Villamarin Stadium.
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow as Joshua Zirkzee wants to stay in Serie A
- Man Utd set to battle it out with Tottenham to land Bayer Leverkusen star Odion Kossounou
- Jeremie Frimpong is the most serious target for Man Utd, impressed by his performances
- Ratcliffe outlines three-year plan to knock Man City and Liverpool off their perch
- Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw set to miss the rest of the season
- Is Ashford’s United Arrival Now Simply A Matter Of Time?
- Wayne Rooney identifies Manchester United’s biggest issue right now
- Manchester United invite Gary Neville to help regenerate Old Trafford and surrounding area
- Manchester United’s FA Cup chances – can Hojlund fire the Red Devils to a trophy this season?
- Jadon Sancho struggles in Dortmund’s Champions League draw against PSV