Manchester United are in the capital on Sunday as we take on high-flying Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley Stadium.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is taking his perfect record with him to London as the caretaker has won all five games in charge since replacing Jose Mourinho as caretaker manager in mid-December.
Tottenham start the weekend in third position whilst we are six points outside of the Champions League places.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side have been dealing with a couple of injuries of late and the club have confirmed this afternoon that at least three of their squad have been ruled out of action for Sunday’s game.
Eric Dier has recently returned to training but this weekend’s game will come too soon for the England international. Victor Wanyama is still a long way from recovering from his knee injury, whilst Mousa Dembele is closing in on full fitness following an ankle injury, but is expected to leave for China before ever playing for Spurs again.
This news means that Moussa Sissoko is expected to play the holding midfield role against us and that youngster Harry Winks should also start in central midfield on Sunday.
Tottenham will also assess Lucas Moura’s fitness again between now and Sunday’s kickoff to see whether the Brazilian is fit enough to be involved at Wembley Stadium.
Centre-back Jan Vertonghen is back in training again following his recent layoff, but this game may come too soon for the Belgian to make his return. Expect to see Toby Alberweireld and Davinson Sanchez as Spurs’ centre-back partnership.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin