Football fans will get their first indication of what to expect from the coming Premier League season, as title holders Manchester City take on European champions Chelsea at Villa Park.
The FA Community Shield is the traditional curtain raiser to the English season, as the league champions take on the FA Cup holders. This year though, that means that two of the Premier League favourites go head to head. In reality, it is difficult to see beyond Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United in the Premier League betting. With two of those sides clashing for the season’s first piece of silverware, the Community Shield will be an intriguing affair.
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has enjoyed a summer of stability so far. There have been no significant additions to his squad, although there is more than enough talent at Mancini’s disposal already. With the likes of Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez, Mario Balotelli and Eden Dzeko in the squad, the question for Mancini will be which of his riches to select. That decision may be made a little easier, with Balotelli and David Silva still regaining full fitness following a post-Euro 2012 break.
Chelsea fans meanwhile will be eager to catch a glimpse of new signings such as the Brazilian Oscar and Belgian maestro Eden Hazard. The people that will look for the premier league betting will find this is as one of the hardest for betting. Both arrive with big reputations and are expected to add significant creative talent to Roberto Di Matteo’s side. Breaking through the shackles of a Manchester City midfield including the impressive Yaya Toure will be a stern early test for Chelsea’s new boys. Di Matteo will also be hopeful that this season signals a new beginning for Spanish striker Fernando Torres, who enjoyed a positive Euro 2012 following a torrid time last season.
- ‘A complete and very intelligent player’: Man Utd target backed to shine in the Premier League
- Hannibal Mejbri could become a regular starter under Erik ten Hag after ‘excellent’ display
- Jonny Evans delivers fantastic performance in 200th appearance for Man Utd
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Mejbri starts
- ‘Very happy with him’: Erik ten Hag praises Sergio Reguilon ahead of Burnley clash
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount is an option on the right wing vs Burnley
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Varane returns in three changes
- Erik ten Hag on Jadon Sancho’s Man Utd future
- Romero says Man Utd star thought he was God on earth, was like that 24 hours a day
- Erik ten Hag hints four Man Utd stars could return vs Burnley