It’s been quiet today as well as yesterday. The lull was more surprising given United played a game yesterday. Since the match wasn’t televised we had to rely on footage shown by Sky Sports that has been doing the rounds (thanks, this time, to Dailymotion).
Anyway, comfortable win, apparently, for, what we could safely term, our third choice XI. Although, it looks increasingly likely that Dong Fangzhou is a regular visitor to this site. What else could explain his rather good performance yesterday. He had a hand in all three goals, and the third goal that he scored was probably the best I’ve seen him play. Anyway, let’s not get too carried away by that. Give him some time.
And oh, the big attraction was the long awaited debut of Hargreaves, who came on in the second half. Sadly very little reports of his performance.
Moving on, big game today against Chelsea. Erm… well, not a ‘big’ game exactly, but nonetheless our first serious opposition since Inter and it will be the same XI that played in that game. So no Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves or Tevez. They will watch the game, though. Just like us. And so will Robben, Ballack, Terry and co., who are all nursing some injuries of their own. Despite Fergie’s assurances, expect a pretty dull affair.
I’m sure the players from both sides will take it as a good run out and so should we fans. A win would certainly give us something to cheer about, and a loss would bring some lame excuses, that it was only a friendly. Nonetheless, it is a ‘Cup’ to be won, so there.
Match kicks off at 3 pm UK time.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony