It’s been quiet today as well as yesterday. The lull was more surprising given United played a game yesterday. Since the match wasn’t televised we had to rely on footage shown by Sky Sports that has been doing the rounds (thanks, this time, to Dailymotion).
Anyway, comfortable win, apparently, for, what we could safely term, our third choice XI. Although, it looks increasingly likely that Dong Fangzhou is a regular visitor to this site. What else could explain his rather good performance yesterday. He had a hand in all three goals, and the third goal that he scored was probably the best I’ve seen him play. Anyway, let’s not get too carried away by that. Give him some time.
And oh, the big attraction was the long awaited debut of Hargreaves, who came on in the second half. Sadly very little reports of his performance.
Moving on, big game today against Chelsea. Erm… well, not a ‘big’ game exactly, but nonetheless our first serious opposition since Inter and it will be the same XI that played in that game. So no Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves or Tevez. They will watch the game, though. Just like us. And so will Robben, Ballack, Terry and co., who are all nursing some injuries of their own. Despite Fergie’s assurances, expect a pretty dull affair.
I’m sure the players from both sides will take it as a good run out and so should we fans. A win would certainly give us something to cheer about, and a loss would bring some lame excuses, that it was only a friendly. Nonetheless, it is a ‘Cup’ to be won, so there.
Match kicks off at 3 pm UK time.
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner
- Gary Neville says Marcus Rashford should be a guaranteed starter for England vs Senegal
- Man Utd handed blow with Benfica set to hand new contract to Goncalo Ramos
- Cristiano Ronaldo closing in on January move to Al Nassr
- Manchester United’s December 2022 Preview: Schedule & Predictions
- Man Utd need to pay €50m up front to sign Cody Gakpo – Fabrizio Romano