The 2018-19 Premier League season kicks off in four weeks’ time and Manchester United are still in the hunt for a new centre-back this summer.
Jose Mourinho wants to find a long-term partner for Eric Bailly in our back four after seemingly losing faith in Victor Lindelof, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones.
We have been linked to a number of names and one that keeps popping up is Tottenham Hotspur’s Toby Alderweireld.
However, as we have previously reported, the North London club have priced us out of signing the 29-year-old, demanding as much as £75 million when he has a clause in his contract that will allow him to leave White Hart Lane for just £25 million next summer.
Yahoo! Sport understand that Spurs are finally considering the prospect of selling Toby Alderweireld before the start of the new season and will consider a deal with Manchester United.
For that to happen Mauricio Pochettino’s side would need to lower the asking price drastically because Jose Mourinho and the United hierarchy certainly aren’t going to bid close to anywhere near £75 million.
I think if we could get the price around £35-40 million then we’d take Toby Alderweireld this summer. However, Spurs need to be realistic – given the centre-back’s age there’s much better options for us out there. Hence why we haven’t come in with an offer Spurs are willing to accept so far.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player