Update 3: There are two things that are happening at the moment. We can’t find the net even if the goal is a mile wide. Teams we play against suddenly have some Supermen springing up at their defence. Hahnemann in the Reading game, James in Portsmouth and this time Richards. Detailed report later. Just can’t believe it!
Update 2: At half time despite running all over City, United somehow manage to be behind by a goal. A deflected Geovanni goal (off Vidic) against the run of play separate the two sides.
And yeah, I fuckin’ can’t believe it! I guess so would you. We kept possession well, Nani had a few genuine chances. Tevez was good in patches but was isolated for most part. Hargreaves has been impressive and has stuck on to Elano for most part.
Oh, well. This season doesn’t look good as far as our luck seems to be going.
Update: Hargreaves to start today. Campbell on the bench. Giggs plays on the left with Nani and Tevez completing the front three. Watch this space for updates.
So we head over to City for a key game, crucial to our confidence and everything. Meanwhile two other biggies, Chelsea and Liverpool, clash with one another. Arsenal have a tricky trip to Ewood Park. So here’s hoping they all drop points. (Although, I’d rather Chelsea lose against Liverpool. We have a better chance catching up with the ‘Dippers.)
Back to the game, discuss away on our comment threads or better on our very own Man Utd forum.
- Anthony Martial could stay at Man Utd despite being ‘transfer listed’
- Thomas Zilliacus could consider buying Liverpool if Manchester United bid fails
- Man Utd could avoid signing Houssem Aouar despite journalist claim
- Newcastle United in advanced talks to sign Man Utd’s Head of Young Recruitment David Harrison
- 100% aerial duels & 100% take-ons won: Man Utd should target Amadou Onana
- Wout Weghorst opens up on life at Man Utd
- Fresh date confirmed for Man Utd’s postponed fixture, one more game rescheduled
- ‘Serious option’: Raphael Varane opens the door to retiring at Man Utd
- Man United owners will consider selling minority shares if revised bids don’t impress them
- Man Utd must avoid signing Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic this summer