Northern Irish midfielder Christopher Atherton is currently undergoing trials with Manchester United, according to the Secret Scout.
The 14-year-old plays for Northern Irish semi-professional side Glenavon and became the youngest player ever in the United Kingdom last year aged 13.
Atherton was on trial at Chelsea in February and there were reports that he had joined them having been pictured at Stamford Bridge holding their kit with his name on it.
However, the teenager is yet to sign for any Premier League club and will not make a decision until 2025 when he would have undergone trials at four other clubs, with a player only able to trial twice a year.
Man United regularly strengthen their youth squads and it will be intriguing to see whether Atherton will decide to sign for them in 2025.
The Northern Ireland under-16 international has huge potential and immediately caught the eyes of the Glenavon faithful after providing an assist minutes after coming on for his debut with his very first touch of the game.
Atherton has since made three other appearances for Glenavon, and their manager Gary Hamilton has compared him to Manchester City duo Bernardo Silva or Phil Foden.
The kid can also play as a forward, and he will be trying his best to convince the youth coaches at Man United.
The Red Devils have added Rasmus Hojlund, Andre Onana and Mason Mount to their first-team squad this summer, while Jonny Evans has been handed a short-term deal after his Leicester City contract expired.
Fifteen players have left Man United across the youth and senior squads, and more departures are expected before the transfer window shuts.
While Atherton will not be joining them this summer, he is one to watch out for in the future, and it will be interesting to see whether he can become a top star.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action