Bayern Munich striker Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting would be ready to speak with Manchester United over a potential move this month, according to Christian Falk.
The Red Devils are aiming to reinforce their strike force in the ongoing transfer window. They are likely to prioritise a loan deal over a permanent signing due to Financial Fair Play concerns.
Choupo-Moting was recently mentioned as one of the potential targets and Falk has revealed that both Bayern and the striker would be ready to discuss a deal with United.
The Red Devils are yet to make an offer on the table. The reputed journalist reports that a move to Saudi Arabia would be a serious option for Choupo-Moting next summer.
United could pursue loan deal for Choupo-Moting
Erik ten Hag’s side signed Marcel Sabitzer on a short-term loan deal from Bayern Munich last winter. The Austrian had a mixed spell at the club before a season-ending injury.
It appears United could consider a similar route this month. Choupo-Moting is no longer a regular starter for Bayern following their summer acquisition of Harry Kane.
Mathys Tel has been the regular substitute for the Bavarian giants. The former Stoke City man has been restricted to just over 500 minutes across all competitions.
Hence, we won’t be surprised if he pursues a new challenge. United could propose to sign the €134,000-a-week striker on loan until the summer before he moves to Saudi.
The 34-year-old has been a good signing for Bayern on a free transfer. He has netted an impressive tally of 20 goals in all competitions since the start of last season.
The Cameroonian could be seen as an ideal deputy for Rasmus Hojlund at United. He could be used regularly off the bench with his goalscoring presence in the box.
Choupo-Moting is not known for his distribution but can hold-up play and has good finishing skills. His arrival could coincide with Anthony Martial heading for the exit door.
United have decided against renewing Martial’s contract beyond June and the Frenchman could be allowed to part ways on a cut-price deal in the next few weeks.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Capology.com
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy