Christian Eriksen has been named as Manchester United’s Player of the Month for September.
According to the club website, the Dane picked up 62 percent of the vote from supporters, seeing off competition from Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane in the process.
The 30-year-old has been an important member of the team following his arrival at Old Trafford in the summer.
Eriksen is an excellent midfielder
Eriksen was incredible during his short stint at Brentford. However, there were doubts about whether he would replicate that amazing form for United.
However, he has made a spectacular start to the season, starting all six Premier League matches for the Red Devils.
Erik ten Hag used him as a centre-forward in the opening match against Brighton & Hove Albion, which was an experiment that didn’t work.
The Dane played deeper in the next game against Brentford and he has since been playing as a central midfielder.
Eriksen has earned 533 minutes in the English top flight, with an assist to his name. The 30-year-old has averaged 2.0 shots and 1.3 key passes per game while he has also completed around 80 percent of his passes (as per WhoScored).
He has formed a great partnership with Scott McTominay in the middle of the park.
The duo have played a big part in United’s recent improvement, which has seen them rattle off four straight league wins.
The Red Devils have moved to fifth in the standings with 12 points.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony