Thanks to the draw at the Emirates, we have the title in our hands, and the only thing of importance in this game would be the ‘Guard of Honor’ we can expect from Terry and co. Of course the people likely to be present at the game to receive would be the likes of Dong and Richardson among others. So there you go.
Fergie looks likely to rest Scholes and Giggs for sure. He may be a little wary about fielding Rio and Vidic – both of them coming back from injuries – even though they put in assured performances against Citeh. I think either one of Rio and Vidic would partner Heinze in the centre with Brown playing at right back and Evra on the left. It remains to be seen if the boss would let that happen, as he made his intentions of fielding a full strength United team for the West Ham game clear. In attack, I suspect Alan Smith might partner Dong Fangzhou (Saha, if he ‘thinks’ he’s fit, that is) and Richardson might play in the left wing with Fletcher on the right. O’Shea would partner Carrick in the middle, and that should be enough respect for Chelsea. Rooney and Ron would start on the bench.
About Chelsea, well I don’t really care much about Mourinho intending to make a point in this game going into the FA cup game on the 19th, or Joe Cole already looking forward to the Cup game, but they will not field Drogba, Robben, Carvalho, Sheva or Ballack (all out with injuries).
No predictions here, as it really doesn’t matter. Chelsea have never lost at the Bridge under Mourinho, although a win here wont hurt, would it?
- Man Utd want to sign three Ajax players but may land just one
- Man Utd very close to signing Frenkie de Jong, transfer likely by June 30
- Man Utd can sign Goncalo Inacio with offer close to release clause
- Man Utd need to offer €10m more as fixed fee to sign Frenkie de Jong
- Gary Neville hits out after Man Utd pay out dividends to shareholders
- Cristiano Ronaldo was offered to Bayern Munich by Jorge Mendes
- Man Utd have made an offer for Leeds star Raphinha
- David Ornstein fancies Christian Eriksen to end up at Man Utd
- Man Utd in pole position to sign Matthijs de Ligt
- Man Utd interested in Inter Milan defender Stefan de Vrij