After becoming the first team in history to win 25 of their first 30 Premier League fixtures on Saturday; United turn their attention to an FA Cup Quarter Final replay at Stamford Bridge.
In 12 meetings between the two sides since 1908 United boast an impressive record against The Blues (Won 8, Drawn 2, Lost 2) and won on their last two trips there in 98 & 99, the latter being a memorable replay after the sides drew at Old Trafford. United went on to win the treble that year and although that feat is now impossible for the Reds to duplicate, it seems there’s a real desire to add another League and Cup double both from the club and the terraces.
Both Benitez and Ferguson need this trophy for differing reasons and Robin van Persie believes the fans shouldn’t expect a classic thanks to both teams playing just 48hrs before kickoff, maybe that’s why the betting is neck-and-neck. Bwin are offering a free bet to all RedRants readers here.
This replay was unavoidable in many peoples eyes after United squandered a comfortable two-goal lead, if United go out they only have themselves to blame. I’m positive that’s a message Sir Alex will be impressing on his players as he seeks to motivate them to overcome an indifferent Chelsea side.
With Rooney, Giggs and Ferdinand not involved at all on Saturday you have to believe they’re set for starts today. The injury Rafael picked up on Saturday looks set to keep him out of today’s tie and Jonny Evans is also a doubt although David de Gea does start despite being knocked out for a short while after a collision with Vidic during the game.
The winners face a trip to Wembley to take on Manchester City so for United that’s an extra incentive giving them a chance to make amends for the Semi-Final defeat two years ago which paved the way for City to win their first trophy in almost a million years!
If you’re looking for tips or a value bet then I think you need to look at the halftime/fulltime market. Games between these two of late have featured goals and comebacks aplenty so for that reason I’m going with a Chelsea HT / United FT bet at 26.00 with Bwin.
Good luck United.
- Ajax and Edson Alvarez are Man Utd’s best bet for moving on Donny van de Beek
- Man Utd identify Moussa Diaby as Anthony Martial’s heir – Report
- Manchester United: Rangers in advanced talks to sign Jack Butland on free transfer
- How Man Utd Could Line Up For the 2023/24 Premier League Season
- Man Utd ready to hand £10m pay-off to Harry Maguire ahead of possible West Ham move
- Man Utd interested in signing Dusan Vlahovic as Juventus set asking price
- Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount agrees terms with Man Utd ahead of likely transfer
- Anthony Elanga price drop shows Man Utd’s desperation to shift unwanted players
- Man Utd join Chelsea & PSG in race to sign Sporting midfielder Manuel Ugarte
- Man Utd’s midfield puzzle: Potential candidates to strengthen Erik ten Hag’s title bid