The magnitude of the situation has been spelled out by pundits and fans alike. SAF recognises the importance of not falling nine points behind Chelsea. Win today and we’ll be three points behind with a game in hand. Lose and we’ll be — you guessed it — nine points behind; not a situation one might want to be in so early.
In the run up to the game, there is good reason for a lot of fans to feel less optimistic about our chances today, but there have been positive indications that we may do alright. Defeat, however, will be harder to take despite all that’s being made about Chelsea’s imposing home record.
The game will be won or lost in midfield and Chelsea have shown superiority over us in their ability to impose themselves in midfield in recent times. Last season’s encounter is an example in this regard.
In team news, Fergie has pretty much a fully fit side to choose from, barring Carrick and Vidic. I think he is faced with big decisions and his man management skills will be tested to the full.
I hope he doesn’t fall to the temptation of playing all four upfront. The Portugueezers must play on the wings and either Rooney or Tevez must partner Berbatov. We’ll have to wait to see how that unfolds.
About predictions, well I’m at my most optimistic when I say 2-1 to United. I can’t really preview anything more that’s not already talked about.
Cheers, and come on you reds!!!
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action