The magnitude of the situation has been spelled out by pundits and fans alike. SAF recognises the importance of not falling nine points behind Chelsea. Win today and we’ll be three points behind with a game in hand. Lose and we’ll be — you guessed it — nine points behind; not a situation one might want to be in so early.
In the run up to the game, there is good reason for a lot of fans to feel less optimistic about our chances today, but there have been positive indications that we may do alright. Defeat, however, will be harder to take despite all that’s being made about Chelsea’s imposing home record.
The game will be won or lost in midfield and Chelsea have shown superiority over us in their ability to impose themselves in midfield in recent times. Last season’s encounter is an example in this regard.
In team news, Fergie has pretty much a fully fit side to choose from, barring Carrick and Vidic. I think he is faced with big decisions and his man management skills will be tested to the full.
I hope he doesn’t fall to the temptation of playing all four upfront. The Portugueezers must play on the wings and either Rooney or Tevez must partner Berbatov. We’ll have to wait to see how that unfolds.
About predictions, well I’m at my most optimistic when I say 2-1 to United. I can’t really preview anything more that’s not already talked about.
Cheers, and come on you reds!!!
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?