Manchester United will kick off their 2023/24 Champions League campaign with the toughest fixture possible.
The Red Devils will travel to the Allianz Arena to take on German champions Bayern Munich on September 20.
They host Galatasaray (October 3) and FC Copenhagen (October 20) at Old Trafford.
Man United will wear the visitors’ hat for Gameweeks 4 and 5, facing Copenhagen (November 8) and Galatasaray (November 29) respectively.
They will end their group stage fixtures by welcoming Bayern at the Theatre of Dreams on December 12.
It is a tough return to Europe’s elite competition for Man United as the Bavarians are one of the strongest contenders to win the tournament.
Erik ten Hag has just three weeks to prepare his side for a daunting test against the German side.
United are in the midst of a rebuild under their manager. Bayern have bolstered their squad with superstars like Harry Kane and Kim Min-jae.
Even if United could carve out a point from that fixture, it would boost their chances to progress to the next stage of the competition.
The games against Turkish giant Galatasaray and Copenhagen are must-win for United.
They do not want to be in a situation where they have to beat Bayern in the last round of the group stage.
Ten Hag cannot afford to overthink their Champions League opener right now.
United first lock horns with high-flying Brighton & Hove Albion on September 16.
Roberto De Zerbi has done wonders with his squad. His team is fully capable of beating Man United in their own backyard.
Manchester United Champions League fixtures:
- Bayern Munich (A) – Wednesday, September 20
- Galatasaray (H) – Tuesday, October 3
- FC Copenhagen (H) – Tuesday, October 24
- FC Copenhagen (A) – Wednesday, November 8
- Galatasaray (A) – Wednesday, November 29
- Bayern Munich (H) – Tuesday, December 12
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions