Manchester United ace Edinson Cavani is ready to take a significant wage cut to join Boca Juniors in the summer, per Football Insider.
The 34-year-old has decided to leave Old Trafford at the end of the season and is eager to team up with Carlos Tevez in Argentina.
After reaching a verbal agreement with Boca’s vice-president Juan Roman Riquelme, Cavani is determined to force his way out of Manchester.
But the Bombonera outfit cannot afford the striker’s whopping £200,000-a-week salary, which puts the deal in jeopardy.
Desperate to leave Europe, the former Paris Saint-Germain marksman is willing to renounce a large portion of his earnings to facilitate the move.
His contract runs out at the end of the season and the Premier League giants are looking to extend it for another year.
The Red Devils would like to keep hold of Cavani, as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sees the forward as a perfect role model for the United youngsters.
Despite experiencing several injury setbacks, the Uruguay international has had a notable impact within the dressing room.
Cavani has spent a lengthy spell on the sidelines but now looks ready to return to action, with Anthony Martial dealing with an injury of his own.
Approaching the business end of the season, Cavani will be vital for United’s hopes of landing the Europa League title and securing a top-four finish in the Premier League.
Another reason United are reluctant to give up Cavani is that they are struggling to find a replacement for him.
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal
- Man Utd could be without five players for Villarreal clash