Manchester United star Casemiro is one of the locker room leaders at Carrington, according to The Athletic.
The Brazilian international made a sensational move from Real Madrid to the Red Devils this summer for a reported £70 million.
Despite a slow start to his life in England, the five-time Champions League winner has set the Premier League on fire.
He has not only been instrumental at the heart of the United midfield but has also answered the fans’ prayers for a deep-lying central midfielder of world-class calibre.
The Athletic’s Andy Mitten now reports that Casemiro has been one of the shining stars at Carrington.
He is reportedly the first to arrive at United’s training facility and the first to head to the gym. He is also seen as a locker room leader.
Quoting an anonymous source from within the club, Mitten writes that Casemiro did not pander to the now-released Cristiano Ronaldo since his arrival and that he loves playing in England.
“The biggest thing with him is how there is no ego – he’s a proper professional,” said one source. “He came in and didn’t pander to Cristiano [Ronaldo].
“He connected well – he was professional, positive and confident. He’s an elite-level footballer. On the pitch, he is so disciplined in his positioning, especially in possession.
“He understands the manager’s wishes, and it’s his strength to hold position and pass forward.”
The report also states that one particular match the Brazilian enjoyed most during his stay at United was the 2-1 win over Everton, where the Red Devils came back from behind to secure the points.
It has also come to the fore that when Real Madrid players learnt of Casemiro’s potential move, they initially did not take it too seriously.
However, as the rumours gathered pace, several Madrid players were angry and chatted with manager Carlo Ancelotti, telling him that the midfielder couldn’t leave.
The report further goes on to claim that the Brazilian was determined to see United back at their best in club football and also make it to the Champions League.
The former Real Madrid star is currently lighting up the World Cup for Brazil with some stellar performances and also scored a wonder goal against Switzerland.
- Man Utd really like Juventus star Gleison Bremer, will cost at least €70m
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe finally completes purchase of minority stake in Manchester United
- Man Utd star Casemiro open to Saudi Arabia move, interest remains valid
- Man Utd pressing to sign Gleison Bremer, strongly targeting summer deal
- Chelsea beat Manchester United to the signing of Sam Jewell
- Man United spending power to be limited this summer amid PSR concerns
- Wan-Bissaka out for two to four weeks with fresh injury but Mount close to availability
- Manchester United could rival Liverpool for Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi if Dan Ashworth can be appointed in time
- Manchester United table offer for Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe
- Manchester United won’t pay £20m for Newcastle director Dan Ashworth