Manchester United midfielder Casemiro has been voted as the club’s Player of the Month for October after a series of impressive performances.
The Brazilian joined the Red Devils from Real Madrid towards the end of August but he had to wait until October to make his full Premier League debut.
Casemiro could not break into the XI with the outstanding form of Scott McTominay, but eventually got the opportunity to do so at Everton last month.
The 30-year-old made a big impression in that game with a crucial assist for Cristiano Ronaldo’s winner and he has since been in fine form for the club.
Casemiro was awarded the man of the match in the 0-0 draw against Newcastle United and got the prize again against Chelsea after his dramatic late equaliser.
Aside from his goal involvements, the five-time Champions League winner has also excelled defensively with his ability to regular ground and aerial duels.
His progress has undoubtedly impressed the fans and United have now confirmed that he has pipped Lisandro Martinez to the Player of the Month award.
Casemiro received 34 per cent of the votes from the faithful while Martinez, who was the Red Devils’ POTM for August, came a close second with 31 per cent.
The former Madrid star had a tough beginning to his United career. His cameo appearances were unconvincing as he tended to lose possession regularly.
However, as the season has gone, he has shown improvement in that aspect. Whenever he has been dispossessed, there has been the willingness to recover the ball.
Erik ten Hag recently heaped praise on him for his attitude in training and said that he can be more and more important. We definitely believe there is more to come from him.
Casemiro has provided a good defensive resolve in front of the backline and we may get to see the best of the Brazilian star as he continues to adapt to English football.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups