Brazilian midfielder Casemiro made a personal phone call to football director John Murtough following Manchester United’s heavy 4-0 Premier League defeat at Brenford, The Mirror report.
The Red Devils had a disastrous start to the season with back-to-back losses. They suffered a 2-1 defeat on the opening day to Brighton & Hove Albion before being humiliated at Brentford.
However, this did not affect their transfer activity before the summer deadline. United brought in two marquee players in Casemiro and Antony from Real Madrid and Ajax respectively.
It is now revealed that Casemiro made a personal phone call to Murtough after the Brentford loss to assure him that he wanted the move. The 30-year-old had no doubts over joining the club.
Casemiro getting back to his best at Man Utd
Casemiro joined the Red Devils with much fanfare in August, but he had to wait until early October to make his full Premier League debut for the club.
The Brazilian obviously needed time to adapt to the added intensity of the Premier League and now appears to be getting back to his best under Erik ten Hag.
The €50 million-rated star has been winning plenty of duels over the past month, but there is still room for improvement when it comes to his distribution and concentration.
Nevertheless, he is already an upgrade on Scott McTominay and Fred in the holding midfield role. His positioning and awareness is far superior than the duo.
Ten Hag recently praised his attitude in training and said that he will be more and more important. His influence should only become greater in months to come.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow as Joshua Zirkzee wants to stay in Serie A
- Man Utd set to battle it out with Tottenham to land Bayer Leverkusen star Odion Kossounou
- Jeremie Frimpong is the most serious target for Man Utd, impressed by his performances
- Ratcliffe outlines three-year plan to knock Man City and Liverpool off their perch
- Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw set to miss the rest of the season
- Is Ashford’s United Arrival Now Simply A Matter Of Time?
- Wayne Rooney identifies Manchester United’s biggest issue right now
- Manchester United invite Gary Neville to help regenerate Old Trafford and surrounding area
- Manchester United’s FA Cup chances – can Hojlund fire the Red Devils to a trophy this season?
- Jadon Sancho struggles in Dortmund’s Champions League draw against PSV