Brazilian midfielder Casemiro made a personal phone call to football director John Murtough following Manchester United’s heavy 4-0 Premier League defeat at Brenford, The Mirror report.
The Red Devils had a disastrous start to the season with back-to-back losses. They suffered a 2-1 defeat on the opening day to Brighton & Hove Albion before being humiliated at Brentford.
However, this did not affect their transfer activity before the summer deadline. United brought in two marquee players in Casemiro and Antony from Real Madrid and Ajax respectively.
It is now revealed that Casemiro made a personal phone call to Murtough after the Brentford loss to assure him that he wanted the move. The 30-year-old had no doubts over joining the club.
Casemiro getting back to his best at Man Utd
Casemiro joined the Red Devils with much fanfare in August, but he had to wait until early October to make his full Premier League debut for the club.
The Brazilian obviously needed time to adapt to the added intensity of the Premier League and now appears to be getting back to his best under Erik ten Hag.
The €50 million-rated star has been winning plenty of duels over the past month, but there is still room for improvement when it comes to his distribution and concentration.
Nevertheless, he is already an upgrade on Scott McTominay and Fred in the holding midfield role. His positioning and awareness is far superior than the duo.
Ten Hag recently praised his attitude in training and said that he will be more and more important. His influence should only become greater in months to come.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd working on deal to sign Yann Sommer
- Glazers decide to drop semi-annual dividends after £225m summer spending spree
- Manchester United’s World Cup Quarter-Finalists – Predictions & Betting Tips
- How the playing surface at Old Trafford is created
- PSG president open to signing Marcus Rashford on a free transfer
- De Gea: Manchester United yet to open talks over a new contract
- Man Utd target Goncalo Ramos now valued at €80m by Benfica
- Man Utd have advantage over Real Madrid in pursuit of Cody Gakpo
- Man Utd duo should be sold in January after woeful displays against Cadiz
- ‘I will think about it’: Cody Gakpo opens the door for Man Utd transfer in January