Manchester United midfielder Casemiro has said that Rasmus Hojlund can be a great player for the Red Devils with his huge potential.
The Denmark international joined United in a big-money move from Atalanta over the summer and he has since scored six goals across all competitions.
Five of those came in the Champions League group stage. His solitary Premier League goal came in the recent 3-2 comeback win over Aston Villa at home.
Speaking to the club’s media, Casemiro has now said that Hojlund is learning his trade and one can’t expect him to score 30-odd goals in a single season.
He said: “At the end of the day, he’s just a kid, so we shouldn’t be putting a lot of pressure on him. A lot of people think that he should be coming in and scoring 30-odd goals right away.”
The Brazilian added that the Dane is definitely playing better in every game and feels he will be a great player and could define an era at United.
He added: “He’s still young and this is his first season in the Premier League. He’s definitely playing better in every game and he’s working really hard.”
“Rasmus is a dedicated lad and he’s keen to kick on. He’ll be a great player for this club and, with the ambitions he has, he could define an era at Manchester United.”
Hojlund will be eyeing a strong end to the campaign
Hojlund has had a tough introduction to Premier League football, but he will be relieved to have ended his goal drought against Villa last month.
The 6ft 3in star missed the recent league defeat at Nottingham Forest due to illness, but he should be back in the squad to face Wigan Athletic.
United travel to the DW Stadium for the FA Cup third round tie on Monday night. The game offers the perfect opportunity for Hojlund to get among the goals.
The Red Devils need the Dane in good scoring form in the back end of the season if they want to close the nine-point deficit to the final Champions League spot.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow