Carlos Tevez continues to spout venom

It seems some people find it hard to move on. We all acknowledge that sometimes, in a relationship, both parties might have been at fault and, like adults, we say what we have to say, and move on.

The relationship between clubs and players, players and managers and players and fans is not that different in essence. [Of course, if a player spites his fans, then the gloves are usually off, and we see even mild-mannered, cultured adults turn juvenile — but I digress.]

Carlos Tevez, falls in the second category. And, by recent evidence, has shown little signs of growing up.

According to today’s report in the MirrorTevez accuses Fergie of lying to him about his squad status after signing Berbatov.

“Ferguson still believes I will be at United next season. He thinks I will return. But I know what I want and I know that Ferguson did not respect me as a player. Before Berbatov arrived in Manchester, Ferguson told me, ‘You will still be the starting striker, so be cool’. But he lied to me! That is why I know I will not return to United.

For one, football has become a squad game. Much of United’s success over the course of the past three years has been built around having good squad depth and players understanding that rotation is a part of life at United. Rotating players kept us in the hunt for a good part of the season. And for a manager, the toughest job is to ensure a reasonable mix of players for the right game. Tevez’s appearances over the course of the season is proof that he has got more playing time than some others in the side. He was mis-treated by the club management, of that there is little doubt. The United management weren’t forthright enough to work out his contract details, and we all know that. But today he still feels he has to whine some more to the press:

“What I want to do next season is score against United. I promise I will not celebrate in front of the United fans but I will shout in Ferguson’s face. You can be sure of that – and it will be one of the most beautiful things I have done in football.”

Well, Charlie. We wish you good luck on that. And you don’t have to bother trying to show respect to us fans. We aren’t really on your side anymore. And, just so you don’t wear a bewildered look when you visit OT, expect some booing from the stands.

* * *

Also, we have a facebook page now where you can join in and continue to fool around discussing all things United. Click here and become a fan or click the facebook icon on our sidebar.

* * *

Update: Also, in case you haven’t heard, Wayne Rooney had a minor accident when he bumped his head. Doctors thought he may have had a concussion. But it was reported to be nothing serious. Today Rooney updated his twitter status, and like we jobless folks track stuff like this, here’s what he says on his head and Owen:

Thanks for all the messages my heads fine it wont stop me starting preseason il be there on Monday looking forward to meeting up with Michael Gosh that was a shock but hes a proven goal scorer but maybe just not been at the right club thats no offence to Newcastle. The Gaffer knows what hes doing always has I think this could be a Great season again for Utd Cant wait , Hols nearly finished! Bye 4 now.

So with those golden words from the Roon, we can sleep today in peace.

1. Matt

6 July 2009 at 02:20

Leroy lita i think it was, was out for a weeks apparently for stretching when getting out of bed and pulling a muscle or something.
    Also some guy at stoke, erm liam lawrence or someone i think got injured just last season when his dog tripped him up and he ended up out for a few months lol so he must have been injured pretty bad lol.
    Anyway night people.

6 July 2009 at 03:53

@NicoQB: I have to admit that I half expect to see Berbatov light up and wander off for a 5 minute break! 😆 😆
    Especially in the 2nd half!! 😆

6 July 2009 at 04:31

@Craig Mc: I honestly don’t know what you are going on about Bro? I am not against Nani in any way. I just think he needs to tread very carefully when dealing with Fergie. If he ever complains to the media, that will be the end of him. If he just demands a meeting with the Boss to discuss his future, the Boss may take that as confrontational, I honestly don’t know. All I am saying is I think he should not say anything and wait out the manager to see where he stands. Confronting him may not work out well. Especially if there is an interpretor in the room. Nani needs to keep quiet and make his noise on the pitch by showing the Boss his quality.

6 July 2009 at 04:32

@Craig Mc: It’s just the press cooking up trouble. All the more reason why Nani needs to stay quiet in order to show the boss he isn’t asking for a showdown.

6 July 2009 at 04:34

@Craig Mc: How about Ben Foster?

6 July 2009 at 04:40

@NicoQB: Who cares? If he wants to fuck up his lungs and lose his life sooner than normal, it’s his prerogative. Up until about 20 years ago when athletes started taking better care of their bodies by involving themselves in healthy alternatives like steroids and orgies, smoking and drinking was considered a regular pastime and millions of athletes around the world smoked and played. I’m not saying it’s a good thing to do, but I am saying that it is his business and United do not own his body in that way. It will shorten his career no doubt, but it does not have to ruin it. Someone should talk to him and tell him that the club would prefer he stopped and leave it at that.

7. Roge9

6 July 2009 at 04:56

@Dan: I’ve been begging for us to sign Veloso. His recent fall out has sporting willing to part with him for 12 million. If Queiroz were still here, he’d have already been in.

8. Roge9

6 July 2009 at 05:14

@Grognard: Grog, how you cannot respect Henry’s talent is beyond me. Owen is barely half the player Henry was and is.

9. Merlinus

6 July 2009 at 07:46

nani shall get the next number 7…

10. vanderberg

6 July 2009 at 07:52

@Merlinus: no way the no 7 player has not yet arrived at old trafford.

11. Dan

6 July 2009 at 08:09

No7 shirt will go to ljajic. nuff said.

6 July 2009 at 08:51

@Grognard: Remember Grog in one of the previous post i said that the Ronaldo should show some class and he will be regarded as a good person of the pitch as well. That’s exactly what lad did. I liked it a grudges now that i had previously and for which i had fights with you….
    All the best for his career. I hope he does not fall of at RM like many have previously in recent history.. 🙂

13. Karl

6 July 2009 at 08:53

There is no other candidate for No.7 other than Berbatov.
    I think Owen will get no. 9 (earmarked for Benzema).

To me, the ONLY signing United must still make is that of no.2 – CQ.

14. Dan

6 July 2009 at 09:02

15. Abu

6 July 2009 at 09:20

@Grognard: I agree wholly. It was a good sale and great business. I want to know who will Real release? Do they truly plan to keep all that whole roster?
    Ronaldo says something about Ref. protection and the amount of fire power being poured into the Spanish League will raise the profile. DUMB FUCKS. As Fergie has proven time and time again, you can’t just buy class and prestige. Its earned!
    @Karl: Yeah, I think CQ was instrumental in keeping the foreigners at bay in England I wonder is how these Latinos expect to play in all these games. And how do these idiots hope to all fit in Madrid? Its a true wonder what happens in Real. Are they not going to cut some labor costs?
    I don’t watch the Spanish League, is it really all that entertaining? Its harder to get stats and info, and its in Spanish so I have to learn to speak it to truly enjoy. I just wait for these assholes to come show what they got in the UCL. But the 100 goals between three players at Barca last season was phenomenal. Maybe I should start taking peaks?

16. Karl

6 July 2009 at 09:27

@Abu: I watched a few games last season and did not find it entertaining at all. I found it very slow and to be hones, quite boring. And, these include Real and Barca games. Some of the Barca games were ok, some not.
    But, I think I might be in a minority here.

17. Stephen

6 July 2009 at 09:28

@Abu: CQ has walked out on us twice and he should vever darken our door again, I have said this before if he comes back he will want assurances that he will be the next manager, and he simply isn’t up to the job as he has shown in every job he has taken.

18. Karl

6 July 2009 at 09:34

I think Ronaldo (as great a player as what he is) is a prat. He is however, a very intelligent prat. I however do not fall for some more of his bullshit. He left. End of. I admire his skills, but have absolutely no respect for him as a person. He had none for me as a supporter when he fucked up my celebrations, nor when he lied to us about being happy at OT and deciding to stay here. (Remember those ‘lying’ statements Craig mc?). Yet, he already trademarked CR9, and signed a pre-contract???
    I am not one of those idiots that will fall again for every word coming out of his mouth. He’s just saying what we want to hear. Doesn’t mean he’s truthful about it.
    And yet we hate Carlito for lying?
    Fuck Carlito, Fuck Ronaldo!

19. RedDevilEddy

6 July 2009 at 09:36

@Craig Mc: Didnt Darren Bent break his arm or something when making a sandwich? 😆

20. Stephen

6 July 2009 at 09:39

@Karl: That is spot on mate I couldn’t agree more.

21. RedDevilEddy

6 July 2009 at 09:46

@Red Ranter: Those teams you put up, like AC Milan, used to do it like us. But these days, when we see teams like Inter, Real and Chelski splash the cash, we invest in youngsters. AC Milan still incest in youth, but not to the effect they did previously. Plus, they lost out on a CL spot two seasons ago, and had difficulties reaching second this season. While we, Manchester United dont panic like Real. When we went 3 years without winning any trophies, we only bought an underrated Carrick and PIG. The year before it was Park and Edwin. While Chelski bought players like Sheva, Essien, Carvalho, Cech and Drogba, we invested in Ronaldo and Rooney who stepped onto the scene, and made players like Carrick and Scholes our engima in midfield. Even though Chelsea imporved their squad even more the next summer, we bought Nani and Anderson, two very important members of our title win. Tevez and Hargreaves too, which may be two guys you can call big names. And even when we lost two of the biggest names in world football, Ronaldo and Tevez, we replace them with Valencia and Owen. One bright talent which I think is hugely underrated, and an overthehill striker. Fergie=God. 🙂

22. Merlinus

6 July 2009 at 09:48

La Liga is pretty entertaining mate.. The level of play is good.. much more beautiful.. teams donot park the bus and the outcome of any game is unpredictable.. anyone can beat anyone.. thats it..

23. Merlinus

6 July 2009 at 09:50

That being said, the timings of la liga is bad for t.v viewers across the world.. and Marketing of epl is better..

24. RedDevilEddy

6 July 2009 at 09:51

its peanutbutterjelly time, peanutbutterjelly time, wheya, wheya, wheya, wheya, ya deyugo, deyugo, deyugo, deyugo, its peanutbutterjelly time, peanutbutterjelly time, peanutbutterjelly time, peanutbutterjelly time, deyugo, deyugo, wheya, wheya….

Its raining today… 😳

6 July 2009 at 10:53

We’re back in training today… expect to see pictures from skysports of Valencia and Owen with the rest of the gang at some point.

26. donibrasco

6 July 2009 at 10:56

I have always felt for tevez and the way he was treated but his reaction shows lack of character.I think we are better off ignoring the fucker and move on.
    I think Fergie is doing the smartest business in the transfer market than our rivals.If that Obertan kid comes in,its as if we have lost nothing considering we have Owen and Valencia but my only worry is Parks involvement next season.

27. Rand

6 July 2009 at 11:21

Who the fuck is Gabriel Obertan? 😯

28. RichmondRed

6 July 2009 at 11:25

@Rand: a spectacular young French footballer mate. Another diamond in the rough; a project ala Ronaldo of 2003.

29. Stephen

6 July 2009 at 11:28

@RichmondRed: Is he a winger?

30. RichmondRed

6 July 2009 at 11:32

@Stephen: Yes, a crafty and pacy winger; works either flank, not the best crosser of the ball, great footwork, tricky and beats defenders with pace and tricks and likes to bring the ball into the box himself from the wings rather than cross it at times, good with both feet, but does not make all the best decisions…typical 17 year-old footballer. Like I said, a Ronaldo 2003 project…

31. RedDevilEddy

6 July 2009 at 11:33

@Stephen: Winger, attacking midfielder and second striker. Sounds like a gem, kinda like Andy was described when he came…

32. colver

6 July 2009 at 11:36

Donibrasco, Park is one of the best squad players we have. If you play against a team which is very strong on the flanks Park can neutralise them. The only problem last year was we were using him too much in games where his defensive attributes were not required and his attacking impotency became a problem.

33. RichmondRed

6 July 2009 at 11:37

@RichmondRed: Sorry, meant to say 20 year-old, not quite sure where 17 came from 🙄

34. Jon

6 July 2009 at 11:37

@RichmondRed: This guy is pretty good! Very reminiscent of Ronaldo ’03, although I think he’s more of a direct player than the kind that showboats really excessively.

If Fergie does snap him up, I’m confident to say that he will get the 7, and that this lad will be a very very very bright star in the (near) future.

Anybody know about the transfer fee involved?

35. Stephen

6 July 2009 at 11:41

@RedDevilEddy: @RichmondRed: Cheers boys, any idea on a fee?

6 July 2009 at 11:41

@Jon: He plays for Lauren Blanc at the moment, so we are slightly less likely to get ripped off 🙄

37. colver

6 July 2009 at 11:48

I’ve read good things about Obertan as well. Plays on the right wing, can also play midfield or as a striker, and is a very good dribbler and is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in France. However the guy has scored very few goals. So I still think we need a goalscoring midfielder.

My only question is that where does that leave Valencia who also plays on the right? Is Fergie’s plan to convert Valencia into a central midfielder? Surely if anything we need a left winger because Fergie doesn’t seem to rate Nani and we only have Tosic as cover.

38. RedDevilEddy

6 July 2009 at 11:49

39. RichmondRed

6 July 2009 at 11:49

@Stephen: I have not seen any fee as of yet. I just found this story from Sky however in regards to the boy:

40. RichmondRed

6 July 2009 at 11:54

Something is a bit different at United at the moment…the club has been buying an awful lot of young international starlet’s from around the world…if some of these guys turn out to be stars we will have one hell of a team, albeit in the future, or we can just look back and say we hand one hell of a reserve team at a time 😆

41. Stephen

6 July 2009 at 11:57

@RedDevilEddy: Thanks Edward, lucky I have my own office at work!! 😆 😆 😆
    @RichmondRed: Thanks mate, I hope he is more Ronaldo than Bellion! 😆 😆

42. RedDevilEddy

6 July 2009 at 12:00

@Stephen: :mrgreen: 😆

43. RichmondRed

6 July 2009 at 12:01

@Stephen: Ha! Funny thing is…when I first say this guy play that was the first thought I had, “wow, great, pacy, young footballer, but he reminds me an awful lot like David Bellion!” 😯

44. RedDevilEddy

6 July 2009 at 12:03

@Stephen: Its raining today, so Im quite bored… 😐 😉

45. Stephen

6 July 2009 at 12:06

@RedDevilEddy: 😆 😆 😆
    @RichmondRed: Don’t say that mate he was awful, and we paid his mobile phone bill for about a year before we signed the buffoon! 😯

46. john freakin' o'shea

6 July 2009 at 12:18

@Dan: You post at the caf mate? what’s your name there? I’m still in the newbs with a neg rep. 😆 I’m hoping to see you up in the mains soon.

About obertan, No. Hell No. And no way in hell. I’d rather have Douglas (LWM-AMF) He’s what we need.

47. Rand

6 July 2009 at 12:21

Obertan looks really scrawny, might have to do a ton of gym work like Tosic.

Is it just me or is everyone secretly hoping we could just splash the cash instead of buying this little prospects Wenger-style? I’m really afraid we get the big names too late and they turn out like Berbatov, lacking the settling-in pre-season period. Come on Fergie, the fans need something to wank about.

6 July 2009 at 12:28

New post up. Time to head over there.