As football fans we follow our club(s) very closely and it’s a natural consequence that we have strong opinions about how things should be done – tactics, transfers, formations, etc.
It’s easy to pit your skills against the computer in games like Fifa 07, Pro Evolution Soccer or Football Manager, but the real test comes when you have to put your money where your mouth is and go up against real people managing clubs just like you.
Short of the real thing (boy would it be good to be manage a club for real or what?), the best thing I’ve found so far is Online Football Manager (the guys we have sponsoring Red Rants).
It’s simple and addictive yet doesn’t take up all the time in the day (like Football Manager used to do before I burned my copy) – a few minutes each day spent managing your teams (you can play more than one league at the same time if you’re a premium season ticket holder) is enough to be on your way.
If you haven’t so far, make sure you give OFM a spin.
And if you’re looking for some tips and suggestions on how to win in OFM, read these articles and especially the comments on them.
- Sir Dave Brailsford and Jean-Claude Blanc meet Manchester United executives at Old Trafford as Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s 25% acquisition edges closer
- Man Utd showing interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Donyell Malen
- Man Utd confirm Amad Diallo has returned to full training ahead of Bournemouth game
- United boss Erik ten Hag shuts the door on January reinforcement
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns