As football fans we follow our club(s) very closely and it’s a natural consequence that we have strong opinions about how things should be done – tactics, transfers, formations, etc.
It’s easy to pit your skills against the computer in games like Fifa 07, Pro Evolution Soccer or Football Manager, but the real test comes when you have to put your money where your mouth is and go up against real people managing clubs just like you.
Short of the real thing (boy would it be good to be manage a club for real or what?), the best thing I’ve found so far is Online Football Manager (the guys we have sponsoring Red Rants).
It’s simple and addictive yet doesn’t take up all the time in the day (like Football Manager used to do before I burned my copy) – a few minutes each day spent managing your teams (you can play more than one league at the same time if you’re a premium season ticket holder) is enough to be on your way.
If you haven’t so far, make sure you give OFM a spin.
And if you’re looking for some tips and suggestions on how to win in OFM, read these articles and especially the comments on them.
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner
- Gary Neville says Marcus Rashford should be a guaranteed starter for England vs Senegal
- Man Utd handed blow with Benfica set to hand new contract to Goncalo Ramos
- Cristiano Ronaldo closing in on January move to Al Nassr
- Manchester United’s December 2022 Preview: Schedule & Predictions
- Man Utd need to pay €50m up front to sign Cody Gakpo – Fabrizio Romano