As football fans we follow our club(s) very closely and it’s a natural consequence that we have strong opinions about how things should be done – tactics, transfers, formations, etc.
It’s easy to pit your skills against the computer in games like Fifa 07, Pro Evolution Soccer or Football Manager, but the real test comes when you have to put your money where your mouth is and go up against real people managing clubs just like you.
Short of the real thing (boy would it be good to be manage a club for real or what?), the best thing I’ve found so far is Online Football Manager (the guys we have sponsoring Red Rants).
It’s simple and addictive yet doesn’t take up all the time in the day (like Football Manager used to do before I burned my copy) – a few minutes each day spent managing your teams (you can play more than one league at the same time if you’re a premium season ticket holder) is enough to be on your way.
If you haven’t so far, make sure you give OFM a spin.
And if you’re looking for some tips and suggestions on how to win in OFM, read these articles and especially the comments on them.
- Paris Saint-Germain are in transfer talks with Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford
- Man Utd want three more signings before transfer deadline
- Report claims Manchester United told to pay £21 million for Sasa Kalajdzic
- Signing of Adrien Rabiot will determine James Garner’s future
- Adrien Rabiot one step away from joining Man Utd
- Brentford v Manchester United: Preview, Team News & Predicted Starting XI
- Manchester United reportedly considered signing £50 million Douglas Luiz from Aston Villa
- QPR closing in on Ethan Laird loan deal
- Big boost as Frenkie de Jong agent has agreement with Manchester United ahead of blockbuster deal
- Would rejected ETH transfer have done better than Fred / McTominay against Brighton?