Manchester United ended their six-year trophy drought on Sunday with an impressive 2-0 victory over Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup final.
Erik ten Hag has brought success to United within months of taking charge and the club will be eyeing more silverware before the end of the season.
A Premier League title challenge seems difficult at the moment with an eight-point gap to leaders Arsenal but United should fancy their chances in the FA Cup and Europa League.
More so in the FA Cup where the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool have been eliminated.
United have already defeated Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur in the league under Ten Hag and should feel positive of repeating the feat.
In our opinion, United have a genuine possibility of replicating Liverpool’s success from last season by securing the League Cup and FA Cup double.
Meanwhile, the Red Devils are also flying high in the Women’s Super League (WSL). They are top of the table with a one point lead over Chelsea, who have a game in hand.
Liverpool secured promotion by winning the WSL Championship last term. United can do better than their arch-rivals by winning the top-flight title this season.
Of course, it won’t be easy with Chelsea still favourites and next month’s meeting against the Blues at Kingsmeadow could make or break their title prospects.
United women have not beaten the Blues in a head-to-head contest, picking up just one point. They can make a statement on March 12 with a win but a draw won’t be bad result.
There is certainly a great sense of positivity in the men’s and women’s setup at United and hopefully, we will see plenty of more trophies before the season concludes.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Elliott Investment Management submits offer for Man United minority stake
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books