Manchester United travel to Turf Moor to take on Burnley in the Premier League on Saturday.
Ahead of the showdown, Burnley boss Vincent Kompany has described Erik ten Hag as an ‘extremely capable’ manager.
He said at his pre-match press conference (via Manchester Evening News): “You always need time to adapt and improve – not just for Erik Ten Hag but all of us.
“One thing this manager has demonstrated is that he is extremely capable. There is no doubting that.”
He was also asked whether it was a good time to play Man United.
He replied: “It depends on how you look at it. My concern is with what we must do and in my opinion, I have to prepare my team to play against the best possible Manchester United team, with momentum, with ambition and with all the problems behind them.
“If they turn up in a different way, then we’ll see but I prepare my team for what I’ve seen them do when they’re at their best and we have to find solutions for that.”
Man Utd must win against Burnley on Saturday
The Red Devils have lost four of their six games across competitions in the 2023/24 season.
Their latest defeat came against Bayern Munich at Allianz Arena in the Champions League.
They must beat Burnley, who are 19th in the Premier League table.
It has been a difficult return to the English top flight for the Clarets, who dominated the Championship last term.
Pressure is mounting on Ten Hag to deliver results. Man United have been shambolic in defence, and there is no stability in the midfield.
Consistency has been a major issue for the Premier League giants.
There have been periods of the game where they played thrilling football. However, their lack of cohesion and energy is clearly visible.
Injuries to key players are a big reason behind their tough start, but top teams are expected to find solutions.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling