Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes has won the Premier League Goal of the Month for September following his stunning volley against Burnley.
The Portuguese has been a key player in the attacking midfield role for the Red Devils and he has already registered two goals and two assists from 10 games this term.
One of those goals came in the hard-fought win at Burnley. Jonny Evans delivered a sublime long ball into the path of Fernandes, who volleyed home the winner.
With the huge United fanbase, we are not surprised that the skipper has won the Goal of the Month accolade ahead of the likes of Callum Hudson-Odoi and Miguel Almiron.
Fernandes has crucial part to play this season
The Portuguese has been a superb creative outlet for United since his arrival from Sporting in 2020. This season, he has four goal involvements in all competitions.
The 28-year-old has had more sequences (295) in the final third than any other player in the Premier League. He also has the highest Expected Assists at 3.1.
Fernandes saw a significant improvement in his form following the World Cup last year and United need him to replicate the same over the forthcoming months.
The €75 million-rated star has been crucial to United’s success over the past three years and his goal contributions will be key to turning around the club’s league fortunes.
United have made the worst possible start to the season, but they are still only five points adrift of the top four and have plenty of time to close the early deficit.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Squawka.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action