Bruno Fernandes has won Manchester United’s Player of the Month award for March 2023.
Marcus Rashford and Lisandro Martinez were also nominated but the Portugal international beat them by receiving the highest number of fan votes.
Rashford has been spectacular this season, scoring 14 goals in 26 Premier League appearances.
The star forward was aiming to win his fourth consecutive POTM award but he ultimately fell short by a small number of nominations.
Fernandes has now won his seventh POTM award since arriving at Old Trafford in 2020.
The attacking midfielder came under plenty of scrutiny for his behaviour during the Red Devils’ humiliating 7-0 loss to Liverpool.
Many pundits and fans even claimed the 28-year-old shouldn’t be captain of the team.
However, Erik ten Hag backed Fernandes to remain as United skipper despite his conduct during the match at Anfield.
And he repaid the faith of his manager in the following Europa League game against Real Betis, making two goal contributions to help his side win the away leg 4-1.
The 28-year-old also delivered a standout performance in their FA Cup quarter-final win over Fulham.
He converted his spot-kick before lashing in another late goal to wrap up a comfortable victory for United.
Fernandes has featured in 44 matches across all competitions this season, bagging 10 goals and 12 assists.
He has averaged 2.2 tackles, 0.6 interceptions and 1.2 clearances per game in the English top flight (as per WhoScored).
He has also made 2.2 shots, 2.8 key passes per game and boasts over 76 percent passing accuracy.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’