Bruno Fernandes’ interview moments after the Carabao Cup triumph will win every Manchester United fan’s heart.
Fernandes helped Man United lift their first trophy since 2017 as they defeated Newcastle United 2-0 at Wembley Stadium yesterday.
Just minutes after securing this success, the Portuguese playmaker called on his teammates to go for more silverware.
He told Sky Sports: “It’s an amazing feeling. We have waited so long for this moment, us, the fans, and the club, we are in this all together and we finally get our trophy and I think we deserved it.
“It’s been amazing and it’s our first trophy of the season, but we want more – it is not enough for this club. We need more because our standards want more.
“For me, it was about winning trophies and finally we did it. I am satisfied but I want more. I want much more.”
Man United are strong contenders to win the Europa League and the FA Cup this season.
They are currently third in the Premier League table and might have a shot at the ultimate title if Arsenal and Manchester City drop points.
Conquering the league will be tough as they must depend on other results to fall in their favour.
However, Erik ten Hag will want his men to win the other two competitions and finish with three trophies by the end of the season.
Fernandes’ comments show how drastically the players’ mentality has changed under Ten Hag.
The manager has kickstarted a new chapter of success and Fernandes is his flag-bearer.
The players and the fans will rejoice for now, but they know it is just a start if they want the glory days back at the Theatre of Dreams.
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups