Manchester United secured a 2-1 victory against Chelsea at Old Trafford last night courtesy of Scott McTominay’s brace.
However, the hosts could have strolled to a comfortable win had they not been wasteful in front of goal.
United captain Bruno Fernandes had a chance to put his side ahead from the spot nine minutes into the game after Antony was stamped on by Enzo Fernandez in the Chelsea box.
The Portuguese had his weak effort saved by Blues goalkeeper Robert Sanchez, while Rasmus Hojlund failed to convert the rebound.
Fernandes took to Instagram after the game to react to the result and his penalty miss, and Alejandro Garnacho has sent him this four-word message in the comments section.
Man United are now unbeaten against Chelsea in 12 Premier League matches.
Their ninth league win of the campaign saw them move to sixth in the table, with three points separating them from fourth-placed Manchester City after 15 games.
They were the better side on Wednesday night but will need to become clinical in the final third if they want to make anything out of their season.
Man United face Bournemouth on Saturday at Old Trafford and will fancy their chances of picking up all three points, but they will need to improve in attack to start winning games consistently.
Bayern Munich are next on the agenda, and they need to win that game and hope Galatasaray and FC Copenhagen draw their game to progress to the Champions League last-16.
A defeat will see them drop entirely out of Europe for the season, and victory against the Cherries could put them in the right frame of mind for such a crucial season-defining game.
Bayern are favourites heading into the match, but the Red Devils are capable of securing a win against the odds and manager Erik ten Hag will hope his men turn up.
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy