Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes has had a fantastic run for Portugal in the recent 2024 European Championship qualifiers.
Portugal maintained their 100% record by beating Liechtenstein and Iceland.
Fernandes created two decent chances against Liechtenstein and scored a sublime goal in his side’s 2-0 win over Iceland.
The 29-year-old has registered 13 goals and assists, the second-highest in qualifying.
Only Romelu Lukaku is ahead of him (15) after he bagged four goals against Azerbaijan.
Man Utd must take advantage of Bruno Fernandes’ top form
The Red Devils are set to step in a crucial phase of their season.
They are already out of the League Cup and have a must-win encounter at Galatasaray on November 29.
Three days before this all-important clash, Man United face Everton at Goodison Park.
It won’t be an easy game as the Toffees will be eager to fight back after plunging into the Premier League relegation zone.
After their trip to Galatasaray, Man United will face Newcastle United and Chelsea in the league.
Erik ten Hag knows Fernandes is his best player. Due to injuries and off-field disputes, he has deployed Fernandes on the right flank at times.
However, Ten Hag must use the Portugal international from the number 10 spot.
The midfielder is most effective when he is playing behind the striker.
Fernandes has three goals and two assists this season for United. This is a poor record compared to his usual high standards.
However, the midfielder cannot be blamed for United’s inconsistency and lack of aggression this campaign.
Since the start of 2023, he has created more big chances (28) than any other player in the Premier League.
Ten Hag will be hoping that the €75 million star can replicate his international form for the club.
It is equally essential for the players around Fernandes to deliver in this vital phase of the season.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin