Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes delivered a midfield masterclass during the club’s 2-0 Premier League win over Everton at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils secured a second-straight league win on Saturday and it was a deserved result with their level of dominance over the entire 90 minutes.
Scott McTominay and Anthony Martial were the goalscorers but the margin of victory could have been bigger if not for Jordan Pickford’s goalkeeping heroics.
There were a number of stand-out performers but in our opinion, Bruno Fernandes was undoubtedly the best after producing another stellar midfield display.
The Portuguese was brilliant in the number six role against Brentford in midweek and he managed to replicate the performance against the Toffees today.
Over 90 minutes, Fernandes had a stunning 119 touches while completing 88 out of 102 passes.
Meanwhile, he produced eight successful long balls while creating two big chances for his teammates.
Fernandes has predominantly played from the number 10 position since his arrival at United, but he has been exceptional from the holding midfield role lately.
However, the 28-year-old should return to his preferred attacking role in the coming games, considering Casemiro is available to play again after his suspension.
The Brazilian has not featured in the last four domestic games with a ban and he will be looking forward to start in Thursday’s Europa League clash against Sevilla.
United entertain the Andalusian outfit in the first leg of the quarter-final and it won’t be straightforward as the Spanish side are the record winners of the competition.
Still, the Red Devils should be favourites to win on paper. They will be aiming to beat their fourth Spanish opposition this term after Real Sociedad, Barcelona and Real Betis.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Sofascore.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’