Manchester United starlet Alejandro Garnacho received plaudits from Bruno Fernandes and Christian Eriksen after scoring a sharp goal in stoppage time against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The midfield duo were full of praise for Garnacho, who made his return from an ankle ligament injury today.
Fernandes said in the post-match (via the BBC’s Shamoon Hafez): To play for Manchester United you have to be special.
“This club is massive and we know the past. He is another one coming through. We are really happy for him.”
Eriksen believed the young winger had a ‘perfect return’ after injury.
He told ManUtd.com: “You can see the quality he [Garnacho] can bring and the confidence in how he’s playing.
“I’m pleased for him. To be out for a while and to come back and score is the perfect return.”
Alejandro Garnacho has had a season to remember
It has been an unforgettable 12 months for the teenager. He is the first player Ten Hag counts on whenever his side needs a spark from the bench.
Since he picked up an injury in March, United have been uninspiring going forward.
Marcus Rashford has lifted the goalscoring burden, but after playing more than 50 games this season, he also looks tired.
The return of Garnacho is a breath of fresh air.
Even though Jadon Sancho had a decent outing against the Wolves, Garnacho’s cameo looked much more threatening on the left flank.
The Argentine possesses breakneck pace and is not shy of taking on defenders. He sealed United’s victory today with a brilliant goal late in the injury time.
The Old Trafford crowd gave him a rousing welcome when he came on in the 82nd minute.
The chants of ‘Viva Garnacho’ grew even louder when he found the back of the net and celebrated by taking his shirt off.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player