Sergio Romero has been enduring a difficult time at Manchester United this season, with the Argentine even failing to make any matchday squad this campaign under the Norwegian boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Spanish goalkeeper David de Gea is the number one choice at Old Trafford while Dean Henderson, who returned to the Red Devils in the summer after spending two seasons on loan at Sheffield United, is also ahead of the 33-year-old in the pecking order.
Now according to the Daily Mail, Sergio has attracted the attention of Brighton who would be interested to make a move if their keeper Mat Ryan departs the club.
Ryan started 11 out of the first 12 league matches this season for the Seagulls but he conceded 19 goals with only two clean sheets maintained, and now he has lost his number one spot to Robert Sanchez who has been starting for the club in the last three league matches.
It is said that the Australian has been told he is free to search a new club, and if he leaves the Falmer Stadium, then Graham Potter’s side will look to sign Romero.
However, they are not the only club who are interested to secure the signature of the Argentine as the report suggests that an unnamed Spanish club are already in talks with the Red Devils for recruiting his services on loan for the rest of the season. The 33-year-old has also been linked with MLS side Inter Miami.
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Man Utd starters vs West Ham United
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele tempted by Man Utd move
- Will Jesse Lingard move to Newcastle or Tottenham this transfer window?
- Man Utd cool down interest in Denis Zakaria
- Man Utd may not approve Ralf Rangnick’s wish to sign Amadou Haidara
- Juventus in direct contact with Man Utd over Anthony Martial loan deal
- Man Utd receive Martial-Dembele swap proposal from Barcelona
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Brentford
- Ralf Rangnick provides injury update on three Man Utd stars