A very good morning to you all. Thank God it’s Friday! So now I can waste my time at work by making frequent trips to the water cooler, reading some football websites and also do some work in between; all in anticipation of the weekend that lies ahead.
In this jolly mood let’s do a quick one today.
Some news on the reserves front, as Rodrigo Possebon, our latest Brazilian import made his first full debut for the United reserves. However we can’t seem to be winning games of late at any level, it would seem, as the reserves slumped to a 2-1 defeat against Blackburn. You can read the full match report here. It mentions Rodrigo as being ‘outstanding’. It must be said at this point though, that match reports on Manutd.com always seem so euphoric that, had they not mentioned the result of the game, one could be led to think that we won the game 4-0. Sample this, for instance:
Danny Simpson and Dong Fangzhuo were introduced at half-time in place of Gerard Pique and Eagles respectively, and the Chinese striker immediately galvanised Unitedâ€™s forward play.
Dong galvanising a team? Really? I rest my case.
Some of the other bits and bob that got left out yesterday include Neville backing Ronny to shine (as if he was some kind of a star). The astral analogy extended further as he said that he seemed to be playing from a different planet. Hmm… stars and planets it is.
Pique is visibly frustrated at the lack of playing time but is willing to wait his turn. I feel for the lad. He does have a lot of talent and it would be a pity if he were to move on like Rossi.
Speaking of which, Joe Red is in the news again as Robert Pires — the ex-Arsenal winger and his current Villarreal team mate — reckons he will return to United in the future. SAF and Ruud considered him to be one of the best finishers they’ve seen. What saddened me was the lack of opportunities he got in our side — when he could have gotten some this season — before being moved on.
The club, it seems, might now launch a fresh work permit application for Angolan striker Manucho.
Ben Foster has said firmly to SAF that he wouldn’t want to go out on loan again and would rather challenge EVDS for a first team place. I like the lad’s attitude. Let’s hope that next season is when he comes into his own in United colours.
And that’s it for the day. FA Cup tomorrow as we play Arsenal. Join us then as we will look to preview the game prior to kick off. So till then, work your socks off for this one day before enjoying your weekend.
- ‘A complete and very intelligent player’: Man Utd target backed to shine in the Premier League
- Hannibal Mejbri could become a regular starter under Erik ten Hag after ‘excellent’ display
- Jonny Evans delivers fantastic performance in 200th appearance for Man Utd
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Mejbri starts
- ‘Very happy with him’: Erik ten Hag praises Sergio Reguilon ahead of Burnley clash
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount is an option on the right wing vs Burnley
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Varane returns in three changes
- Erik ten Hag on Jadon Sancho’s Man Utd future
- Romero says Man Utd star thought he was God on earth, was like that 24 hours a day
- Erik ten Hag hints four Man Utd stars could return vs Burnley