Manchester United defender Brandon Williams is reportedly edging closer to a loan move to another Premier League club as per Sky Sports News.
Williams joined the Red Devils as a teenager. He spent two years with the academy before receiving a first-team call-up.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to promote youngsters and has given 16 academy players their professional debut since taking over as manager.
Although every debutant could not find a spot in the first team, most have secured loan moves elsewhere.
One such player who was introduced in a similar way was Willams.
Solskjaer had to take the tough decision of playing the youngster as his two options in that position – Ashley Young and Luke Shaw – were suspended and injured respectively.
However, the risk was hugely rewarded as Williams was exceptional. In his debut season, he went on to make 36 appearances.
The following season, Solskjaer signed Alex Telles. And with the rejuvenated Shaw back in the squad, Williams was seldom used.
The situation remains the same this season, sparking interest from Southampton, Newcastle United and Bayer Leverkusen.
However, according to Sky Sports News, Norwich City are set to make Williams their seventh summer signing.
The agreement is said to be close. United will probably make an official statement after the weekend trip to Southampton.
If the deal is sanctioned, Williams may make his Canaries debut in the Carabao Cup next Tuesday.
- Van de Beek’s former agent blasts Man Utd over unfair treatment of the midfielder
- Manchester United team news: Erik ten Hag gives fitness updates on three key players
- Marcus Rashford wins Premier League Player of the Month for September
- Manchester United vs West Ham United – October 30 – New Kick-off Time
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, Potential Line-ups & How to Watch
- David De Gea to hold talks with Erik ten Hag as his Man United future hangs in balance
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with
- Three Manchester United winners from the international break