Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Manchester United attacker Jadon Sancho in exchange for Donyell Malen, according to SportBild journalist Christian Falk.
The Red Devils star is set to leave Old Trafford next month having fallen out of favour with manager Erik ten Hag, but his wages could prove to be a stumbling block as his former club looks to seal a deal for his return.
Man United are keen on Malen, and Dortmund want either Sancho or €30m for the 23-year-old.
Ten Hag wants to bolster his squad and the Netherlands international attacker has been identified as a perfect addition for the Man United attack.
He has bagged four goals in 12 Bundesliga games this term after ending last season with nine goals and five assists in 26 league games.
Malen can play on both wings and as a striker, and his finishing and ability to get past defenders easily before creating goalscoring chances have attracted the Man United boss.
Dortmund manager Edin Terzic and Sancho have remained in regular contact since the England international left the Bundesliga club in 2021, and a reunion could be on the cards if the 23-year-old is willing to slash his bumper salary.
Sancho is a persona non grata at Old Trafford, and he is ready to leave rather than apologise to Ten Hag, so a swap deal between both clubs could suit all the parties involved.
Antony and Marcus Rashford have both failed to impress this term, and the arrival of Malen could improve Man United’s lethargic attack.
The Red Devils forwards have only registered four Premier League goals between them this term, and Ten Hag knows he needs to shake things if his side are to finish in the top four and win silverware.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow