Borussia Dortmund have no plans of pursuing the signature of Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho during the January transfer window, according to SportBILD.
The England international was recently suspended by the Red Devils following his outburst over Erik ten Hag’s comments over him after the Premier League defeat at Arsenal.
Sancho is currently training away from the first-team squad, and reports claim that he won’t be reintegrated into the manager’s plans until he issues an apology.
Amidst this, there has been speculation that he could leave the club in January. Dortmund have been linked with a reunion, but SportBILD clarify that they are not keen.
The German publication state that the 23-year-old is ‘simply not an issue’ for the club at the moment, but the winger could have other options in the winter transfer window.
Sancho still has time to save his United career
Sancho was phenomenal during his time in Germany with Dortmund. He scored 50 goals and provided 64 assists from just 137 appearances across all competitions.
Since his move to Old Trafford, he has been playing in his shadow. He has just 12 goals and six assists from 82 appearances for United under multiple managers.
Ten Hag recently dropped him from the squad after he was unimpressed by his intensity in training.
The decision was justifiable, but no one expected Sancho to publicly criticise the manager for the same.
As a result, Sancho has been banished from first-team training. He has refused to issue an apology to Ten Hag. This is the main reason behind his ongoing suspension.
The attacker still has time on his hands to put things right. He needs to apologise for his mistake in the near future or else he could risk the possibility of being sold.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return