Bordeaux will make a final attempt to sign Manchester United defender Phil Jones on loan, reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano reports.
The Ligue 1 outfit expressed an interest in signing the England international on Saturday, but they could not convince him into a temporary switch.
They have an alternative target in Bronby’s Andreas Maxso, but the club are likely to make a final push to sign the Red Devils ace before the transfer window closes.
Jones recently made his comeback to competitive action after spending more than 700 days on the sidelines with a knee injury.
He showed his quality and experience with a solid performance against Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Premier League.
Ralf Rangnick was delighted with his efforts following the game, but he has been an unused substitute in the next three league matches.
Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly are all ahead of him in the pecking order at the current point of time.
He may not even make the matchday squad following the winter break and has a big decision to make over his future before today’s 11.00 pm deadline.
Bordeaux are eyeing an experienced centre-back to lead their relegation survival. Jones appears to perfectly fit their requirements.
However, it is unsurprising that the 29-year-old is not thrilled by the prospect, having spent his entire career in the English top-flight.
Jones could probably be waiting for an approach from another Premier League club, and there could yet be interest in the coming hours.
The £75,000-per-week star is contracted until June 2023 with a 12-month option. If there are no suitable offers, he could leave in the summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Fabrizio Romano confirms Dean Henderson is close to Nottingham Forest transfer
- Victor Lindelof set to be offered fresh terms by Man Utd, Erik ten Hag wants to keep him
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Leon Goretzka amid Bayern’s pursuit of Declan Rice
- Man Utd step up interest in signing Atalanta sensation Rasmus Hojlund
- Glazers give green light to pursue deal for Chelsea star Mason Mount
- Man United keeping tabs on Chicago Fire midfielder Brian Gutierrez
- Jack Butland completes Rangers medical as Man United exit all but confirmed
- Kim Min-jae ready to say yes to Man Utd, €7m per year deal proposed
- Man Utd could return for Barcelona star Ansu Fati as Ten Hag eyes another left winger
- Man Utd closely following Sporting defender Goncalo Inacio