Manchester United have been handed a boost with Galatasaray winger Hakim Ziyech ruled out of the Champions League clash at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.
The Morocco international joined the Turkish champions from Chelsea this summer, and he has had a good start with one goal and one assist from three appearances.
The forward has been nursing an unknown injury over the past nine days and it appears he has not recovered in time to make the travelling squad to face United.
Galatasaray have now revealed their 19-man squad for tomorrow’s game without Ziyech.
However, the Istanbul outfit still have a strong set of players. Fernando Muslera has been a splendid goalkeeper for club and country throughout his career.
Galatasaray also have Davinson Sanchez and Tanguy Ndombele, who arrived from Tottenham Hotspur this summer. Wilfried Zaha also joined them on a free transfer.
Angelino and Lucas Torreira are other players with Premier League experience while Dries Mertens and Mauro Icardi have scored many goals on the European stage.
Hence, it won’t be an easy challenge for the Red Devils, but they should come on top tomorrow with home advantage and the better attacking quality in the squad.
Here is Galatasaray’s 19-man squad for Tuesday’s game
Fernando Muslera, Gunay Guvenc, Angelino, Kaan Ayhan, Abdulkerim Bardakci, Sacha Boey, Victor Nelsson, Davinson Sanchez, Kerem Akturkoglu, Kerem Demirbay, Tanguy Ndombele, Sergio Oliveira, Mateus Tete, Lucas Torreira, Baris Alper Yilmaz, Cedric Bakambu, Mauro Icardi, Dries Mertens, Wilfried Zaha.
In our opinion, Zaha could be Galatasaray’s main attacking threat at Old Trafford tomorrow. The former United man has netted three goals from his previous four meetings against the club.
He scored his maiden goal for the Turkish side at the weekend with a powerful strike and will definitely be motivated to perform against his former employers. Diogo Dalot has a job on his hands.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin