Manchester United transfer target Harry Kane is favouring a move to Bayern Munich this summer, reports German journalist Florian Plettenberg.
Kane has been touted for a move away from Tottenham Hotspur in the upcoming transfer window.
He is the club’s all-time top goalscorer, and ended last year with a personal best 30 in the Premier League.
Despite this, he is yet to win a trophy in his career, and Spurs were unable to qualify for Europe, finishing in eighth place.
Several top clubs have been linked with a swoop for the England captain. Man United are known admirers of the 29-year-old, while several sides across Europe have also been rumoured with an interest.
Many people expect Kane to stay in the Premier League, as he pursues Alan Shearer’s all-time goal record. He is currently on 213 and needs another 47 to match the Newcastle United legend.
However, it may not be that simple. Tottenham would prefer to sell their talisman to a foreign club in order to avoid strengthening a potential rival.
Kane has a year left on his current contract. Despite this, they are likely to demand a nine-figure sum for the striker.
According to Florian Plettenberg, the Englishman has been in contact with Bayern Munich, who have received an indication that they are his preferred destination.
They are reportedly confident of reaching an agreement with Tottenham, and they hope to sign him for under €100m.
The Bavarians were given a scare last season, with the title race going down to the final day. Meanwhile, they were dumped out of the Champions League in the quarter-finals for the third year running.
A huge part of their drop-off came down to the sale of Robert Lewandowski. The Poland international was sold to Barcelona and was not adequately replaced.
A striker is at the top of Bayern’s wish list this summer. Kane is the priority, while the likes of Victor Osimhen and Randal Kolo Muani have also been considered.
As for Man United, a forward is also their top priority. Their only natural senior striker is Anthony Martial, who has struggled for fitness and form.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action