Blackburn away has always been a little tricky. At the moment they are above us in the table, and one would hope this is only an aberration. Today is the day to set things right as we attempt to scale the heights of the league table, before the players depart towards their international sojourn.
Before previewing the game, let’s take a minor diversion: Scholes and Fletcher have signed on to new contracts. While, in Scholesy’s case, it’s been an extension by one year, Fletcher’s got another three years added to his as he looks to fight his way into first team reckoning. I’d say his extension (Fletcher’s) is a recognition of his efforts and the club’s way of saying, “boy, you deserve this”.
Back to today’s game though, it’s a familiar face facing up to Ferguson, as Paul “Big Time Charlie” Ince leads his boys. SAF has said that he regrets calling Ince a big time charlie, as Keano says it was Gary’s fault for starting the altercation with Paddy Viera. It’s a strange day isn’t it?
Back to today’s game: Tevez will take the place vacated by an injured Rooney, whilst Berbatov will start alongside him. The back four would have a familiar look today, as hopefully, Fergie realises that Brown exists. In midfield, I think Fletcher will start alongside Giggs, perhaps. Ronaldo and Nani will be stationed in the wings. Let’s see what happens.
This is a short preview, so let me cut to the predictions: 1-0 to United.
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?