Blackburn away has always been a little tricky. At the moment they are above us in the table, and one would hope this is only an aberration. Today is the day to set things right as we attempt to scale the heights of the league table, before the players depart towards their international sojourn.
Before previewing the game, let’s take a minor diversion: Scholes and Fletcher have signed on to new contracts. While, in Scholesy’s case, it’s been an extension by one year, Fletcher’s got another three years added to his as he looks to fight his way into first team reckoning. I’d say his extension (Fletcher’s) is a recognition of his efforts and the club’s way of saying, “boy, you deserve this”.
Back to today’s game though, it’s a familiar face facing up to Ferguson, as Paul “Big Time Charlie” Ince leads his boys. SAF has said that he regrets calling Ince a big time charlie, as Keano says it was Gary’s fault for starting the altercation with Paddy Viera. It’s a strange day isn’t it?
Back to today’s game: Tevez will take the place vacated by an injured Rooney, whilst Berbatov will start alongside him. The back four would have a familiar look today, as hopefully, Fergie realises that Brown exists. In midfield, I think Fletcher will start alongside Giggs, perhaps. Ronaldo and Nani will be stationed in the wings. Let’s see what happens.
This is a short preview, so let me cut to the predictions: 1-0 to United.
- Man Utd really like Juventus star Gleison Bremer, will cost at least €70m
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe finally completes purchase of minority stake in Manchester United
- Man Utd star Casemiro open to Saudi Arabia move, interest remains valid
- Man Utd pressing to sign Gleison Bremer, strongly targeting summer deal
- Chelsea beat Manchester United to the signing of Sam Jewell
- Man United spending power to be limited this summer amid PSR concerns
- Wan-Bissaka out for two to four weeks with fresh injury but Mount close to availability
- Manchester United could rival Liverpool for Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi if Dan Ashworth can be appointed in time
- Manchester United table offer for Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe
- Manchester United won’t pay £20m for Newcastle director Dan Ashworth