Blackburn away has always been a little tricky. At the moment they are above us in the table, and one would hope this is only an aberration. Today is the day to set things right as we attempt to scale the heights of the league table, before the players depart towards their international sojourn.
Before previewing the game, let’s take a minor diversion: Scholes and Fletcher have signed on to new contracts. While, in Scholesy’s case, it’s been an extension by one year, Fletcher’s got another three years added to his as he looks to fight his way into first team reckoning. I’d say his extension (Fletcher’s) is a recognition of his efforts and the club’s way of saying, “boy, you deserve this”.
Back to today’s game though, it’s a familiar face facing up to Ferguson, as Paul “Big Time Charlie” Ince leads his boys. SAF has said that he regrets calling Ince a big time charlie, as Keano says it was Gary’s fault for starting the altercation with Paddy Viera. It’s a strange day isn’t it?
Back to today’s game: Tevez will take the place vacated by an injured Rooney, whilst Berbatov will start alongside him. The back four would have a familiar look today, as hopefully, Fergie realises that Brown exists. In midfield, I think Fletcher will start alongside Giggs, perhaps. Ronaldo and Nani will be stationed in the wings. Let’s see what happens.
This is a short preview, so let me cut to the predictions: 1-0 to United.
- Erik ten Hag gives his backing to Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Van de Beek’s former agent blasts Man Utd over unfair treatment of the midfielder
- Manchester United team news: Erik ten Hag gives fitness updates on three key players
- Marcus Rashford wins Premier League Player of the Month for September
- Manchester United vs West Ham United – October 30 – New Kick-off Time
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, Potential Line-ups & How to Watch
- David De Gea to hold talks with Erik ten Hag as his Man United future hangs in balance
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with