Former Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster has advised Jude Bellingham to join the Premier League giants.
The 19-year-old is currently one of the most sought-after players in world football.
The youngster has made tremendous progress at Borussia Dortmund in the last two years. Since joining the Bundesliga club, he has made over 100 appearances and scored 13 goals.
It is no surprise that some of the biggest European clubs such as Liverpool, Manchester City and Real Madrid are now chasing his signature.
The Red Devils are also one of the interested parties, but they face stiff competition.
Fresh reports from Marca suggest that the midfielder is keen on a move to Madrid next summer.
However, Foster believes Bellingham would thrive more at United and has urged him to join his old club.
“I would love to see him go to Manchester United,” Foster said on his YouTube channel.
“I think he would thrive more at Manchester United – he’d have more responsibility, and I think he would enjoy it there more.
“I think he would know he’s the main man. I worry that if he went to a club like Man City, he might just sort of [end up] a little like Jack Grealish.
“He would just fade a little bit at Manchester City. So I would love him at Manchester United – I think he would smash it.”
The Red Devils wanted to sign a progressive central midfielder in the summer. However, they failed to land their key target Frenkie de Jong who ended up staying at Barcelona.
United finally signed Casemiro from Madrid, but he is a completely different type of player.
The Red Devils will be in the market for a progressive midfielder next summer, and they will not find a better player than Bellingham.
The England international has all the qualities to be a massive success in the Premier League. At such a young age, he has proved his abilities both in the Bundesliga and Champions League.
He has excelled as a number eight but can also act as the playmaker from the number six role.
- Man Utd should sign Youri Tielemans
- Anthony Martial could stay at Man Utd despite being ‘transfer listed’
- Thomas Zilliacus could consider buying Liverpool if Manchester United bid fails
- Man Utd could avoid signing Houssem Aouar despite journalist claim
- Newcastle United in advanced talks to sign Man Utd’s Head of Young Recruitment David Harrison
- 100% aerial duels & 100% take-ons won: Man Utd should target Amadou Onana
- Wout Weghorst opens up on life at Man Utd
- Fresh date confirmed for Man Utd’s postponed fixture, one more game rescheduled
- ‘Serious option’: Raphael Varane opens the door to retiring at Man Utd
- Man United owners will consider selling minority shares if revised bids don’t impress them