A selection of Manchester United fans have reacted after midfielder Scott McTominay trained aside from his teammates following a six-week layoff with a knee ligament injury.
Earlier last week, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed that both McTominay and Axel Tuanzebe will travel with the team for the training camp in Marbella and the duo are currently working away from the main group.
McTominay could join his teammates for the full training sessions prior to the Chelsea clash on Monday night, but there has been a mixed response from the United supporters regarding his condition.
While some fans are excited with the prospect of the midfielder making his comeback, others are slightly cautious and believe the 23-year-old should not be rushed back to first-team action.
Hopefully hasn’t been rushed back due to his desire to help the team.
— J@son Price (@jasonp2083) February 9, 2020
Didn’t realise how much I missed this sight
— |Martial FC| (@m_unitedd) February 9, 2020
Class been a great success this season ,I think the kid as a massive future
— Andy fuller 69 (@alexthompson08) February 9, 2020
If he’s going to play we could actually get to see the real Bruno. Hopefully
— Brunochester United (@martin_kronborg) February 10, 2020
Hopefully he’s not been rushed
— Marcel Abbott (@MarcelAbbott_) February 9, 2020
Solskjaer has risked playing the likes of Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford with minor injuries this term but that has only aggravated their concerns and sees them sidelined at the present point of time.
As such, the Norwegian would not want to take a risk with the midfielder’s fitness in a high intensity game at Stamford Bridge and McTominay should be slowly integrated into the squad with cameos off the bench.
Nemanja Matic and Fred have done a credible job in the centre of the park in recent weeks and the former should be available for the Blues game after serving a one-match domestic suspension.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow