Manchester United have suffered a massive blow in their pursuit of Kim Min-jae as Bayern Munich hold transfer talks with the defender.
United are pushing hard to sign Min-jae from Napoli this summer.
He has a foreign release clause worth €60 million which will become active in the first 15 days of July.
According to Foot Mercato, Bayern Munich recently held ‘positive’ talks with the 26-year-old and have already made their first proposal to the player’s agent.
Min-jae would be a fantastic acquisition for the German giants. He would walk into their starting XI alongside Matthijs de Ligt at the heart of the defence.
Man Utd have to move quicker for Kim Min-jae
The Red Devils are languishing in their transfer business due to the uncertainty around the club’s ownership.
The Glazers are yet to announce a preferred bidder in the sale process of Man United.
British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Qatari businessman Sheikh Jassim are locked in a two-horse race to buy the majority shares of the club.
United supporters are frustrated that they have yet to see the back of the Glazers, seven months after the American owners announced their plans to sell the club.
The delay with the sale has not helped Erik ten Hag. He is still uncertain of the summer transfer budget allocated to him to improve his squad.
Min-jae has had a stellar season with Napoli. He was the key cog in their defence as they won their first league title in over three decades.
His superb displays helped him win Serie A’s Defender of the Season award.
The South Korean star is an aggressive ball winner and adept at building play out from the back.
He would provide robust competition to Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez for the starting spot in the team.
United should get this deal done quickly, or they might see their top transfer target switch to Bundesliga.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions