With four days left until Sunday’s title decider, Fleet Street has taken its eyes off the title race for a day and concentrated them on the transfer gossip. United fans might wish to look away now as the news aren’t exactly exciting.
Let’s start with the Mirror that reveals that Paul Pogba has finally made his mind up and decided to snub United to join newly-crowned Serie A champions Juventus. The young midfielder, says the paper, was to be a “key player in Reds’ future” but has opted for a four-year deal with the Bianconeri which will see him pocket £20,000 a week.
The Telegraph reports the same story along with the news – already reported yesterday by some papers – that United are prepared to go head-to-head with Everton for highly rated teenager Nick Powell.
While Everton might try to hijack United’s bid for Powell, both team’s path might cross again with the Mirror reporting that United are to make an offer for Leighton Baines.
The Everton left-back, 27, is not going to be cheap according to reports, particularly as Champions League finalist Bayern Munich have renewed their interest in the former Wigan man, meaning that Fergie will face a strong competition in the summer.
One player for whom the race is apparently already being lost is Eden Hazard.
The Lille playmaker declared in an interview with French TV Canal + that next year he’ll be not wearing red. “It’s the blue that I’ll be wearing next season. Definitely the blue.”
In other news, the Sun reports that Phil Jones has been delighted with his debut season for the club and that he was left surprised by the number of games he’s played this season.
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause