After watching his inspiring performances for Brazil, former Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has praised Casemiro as ‘one of the best’ in his position.
Brazil entered the World Cup as the pre-tournament favourites and it is easy to see why after seeing how they played in Qatar.
Coach Tite has access to a vast talent pool, which has provided him with options at every position on the field.
United midfielder Casemiro has been one of the standout performers at the World Cup. Although the Selecao failed to break the deadlock against Croatia, Casemiro played a crucial role until the final whistle.
Erik ten Hag will be happy with the 30-year-old’s performances and will be hopeful that his midfield general can continue to play well when he returns to Old Trafford for the remainder of the season.
As the Reds Devils try to add more goals from midfield, the United manager will have appreciated seeing Casemiro score during their 1-0 victory over Switzerland in the group stage.
Schweinsteiger waxed lyrical about Casemiro as he expressed his admiration for the Brazilian star. Speaking with MUTV, the former Bayern Munich midfielder said:
“He is one of the best, definitely in that position, at the moment,” he said. “He sniffs the danger quite well. He is a good passer. He scored an amazing goal against Switzerland as well and he is a very important piece for the Brazilian national team. “
“He is one of the leaders there, and you can see that, and you can feel that and, yeah, I hope he can bring the sharpness back on the United field as well. But he’s doing a very good job at the World Cup, yes.”
Casemiro is showing no signs of slowing down for club and country
Casemiro has been crucial for the Selecao, and he still stands out in a group of players with jaw-dropping attacking ability. The United man has commanded their midfield with a streak of top-class performances.
Tite’s team may be famed for their flips, tricks and flair, but Casemiro displayed his versatility by scoring the game-winning goal against Switzerland.
The holding midfielder kept Liverpool’s Fabinho off the pitch with his outstanding World Cup showing. Brazil players past and present have lauded Casemiro, including iconic striker Ronaldo and Gabriel Jesus.
Any doubts surrounding the defensive midfielder’s move to Old Trafford have been put to rest. He has demonstrated a dedication that United’s midfield has sorely lacked.
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest