Manager Erik ten Hag’s agent Kees Vos is having a growing influence at Manchester United through his Sports Entertainment Group (SEG) agency.
SEG have been heavily involved in transfers in and out of the Old Trafford club in recent months, and Vos has been telling some of the most talented academy players to ditch their agents for him.
Man United staff have expressed concerns about his growing involvement in the transfer activities at the club after Zidane Iqbal was sold to Utrecht shortly after joining his agency.
SEG also acted on behalf of the Red Devils during talks to bring Morocco international midfielder Sofyan Amrabat to the club on loan from Fiorentina.
Rasmus Hojlund also moved to the Theatre of Dreams a month after switching agents and linking up with Vos.
Ten Hag’s agent has been having a field day working with Man United, but Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s arrival is bad news for him.
The British billionaire’s right-hand man and INEOS director of sport Sir Dave Brailsford wants an established recruitment specialist at the club, according to The Athletic.
SEG have been the go-to agency in negotiating transfers for Man United, as well as providing informal advice on the market.
However, Ratcliffe’s arrival ends that, with Brailsford keen to bring a proper structure to the club’s recruitment.
Vos’ growing influence has been noted by other agents unhappy at what they perceive as losing out on potential deals due to his link with Ten Hag.
The two signings Man United made in the summer through SEG are yet to hit the ground running, and Ratcliffe wants to overhaul the recruitment strategy at the club.
The Red Devils need to land quality players and not overspend when buying talented or old players.
Ten Hag has largely failed to prove that he is capable of making the best transfer decisions, and Vos has not helped matters either.
The onus is on Brailsford to land an elite sporting director and an established recruitment specialist capable of getting the job done, and Man United fans cannot wait to see how that goes.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow